Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Cylinder leak down questions & results.

Ok guys, I have been using 1 quart of oil every gas tank so I decided to check things out.

Comp. 145 in all three holes warm.

Cylinder leak down (Cold) TDC. I didn't warm it up.
    any way 90p.si. on left gauge and 85 on right gauge in every hole. So this is about 6% leakage. BUt it seams that the oil is girgling perty good and I do have some exhaust valve leak.
    My conserns are this. Is the 6% valid since motor was cold? Should I look to my valve seals? Boat has lost a little pep, but unsure if it just because are humid texas heat.
    Also 140 hours. full stg III with X SCer. Yes X SCer leaks, but no way a quart a tank.

Any thoughts are help it greatly appreciated.

+1
    If its warm it will be better. Is it leaking any where?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    If its warm it will be better. Is it leaking any where?

Yes, it seams a little out each exhaust valve and the oil is girgling in the cases a bit, but it showed 6% leakage on my gauge cold. Again Left gauge 90psi. right 85 in each hole..

/

+1
    Girgling is normal. How do your plugs look? Any of them a different color than the rest? If there are whit deposits on any of the plug electrodes that is a sign of burning oil. Are there any external leaks you may have overr looked. Catch can filling up? A quart per ride is a lot!! Gotta be going some where

+1
    Girgling is normal. How do your plugs look? Any of them a different color than the rest? If there are whit deposits on any of the plug electrodes that is a sign of burning oil. Are there any external leaks you may have overr looked. Catch can filling up? A quart per ride is a lot!! Gotta be going some where

Here is a pic of plugs. No external leaks at all. It is all apart and I even checked oil cooler.

pics added.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4102.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	206436  

+1
    The two plugs on the right both show signs of oil consumption. They both have deposits from some oil consumption by the curved electrode where it attaches to the body of the plug. The one on the left looks fine. But theres no way those plugs show signs of burning a quart per tank. Its gotta be going somewhere else? Maybe between your charger leaking and your valve seals? Try replacing the valve seals and get that charger to stop leaking and see where your at. Thats all i can come up with. If you only have 6% leak down your rings are good. Maybe a problem with the oil control ring but the top rings are sealing good at 6% leak down

+1
    The two plugs on the right both show signs of oil consumption. They both have deposits from some oil consumption by the curved electrode where it attaches to the body of the plug. The one on the left looks fine. But theres no way those plugs show signs of burning a quart per tank. Its gotta be going somewhere else? Maybe between your charger leaking and your valve seals? Try replacing the valve seals and get that charger to stop leaking and see where your at. Thats all i can come up with. If you only have 6% leak down your rings are good. Maybe a problem with the oil control ring but the top rings are sealing good at 6% leak down

I agree with you 100%. Also upon more tear down this morning I see a oil residue line down the back side of the intake port from the valve guide. It is only apparent on two and hints the one plug that looks fine, So I am gonna order seals.

I also had some oil residue in the IC and intake from the X SCer so I am gonna do the new viton seal..

I hope this fixes it. Any idea on the part number for the tool to remove the seals?

+1
    Has anyone exsperienced this? Burning oil at a 1quart a tank of fuel?

I ordered Seals from Riva and am gonna change them saturday morning.
    I hope this helps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Has anyone exsperienced this? Burning oil at a 1quart a tank of fuel?

I ordered Seals from Riva and am gonna change them saturday morning.
    I hope this helps.

Yep, MVR155 has had the same problem and he just blew it up. Sounds like a rod through the block too. Has this ski in question been sunk recently? If so you may have a bent rod or bad oil ring?????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    I agree with you 100%. Also upon more tear down this morning I see a oil residue line down the back side of the intake port from the valve guide. It is only apparent on two and hints the one plug that looks fine, So I am gonna order seals.

I also had some oil residue in the IC and intake from the X SCer so I am gonna do the new viton seal..

I hope this fixes it. Any idea on the part number for the tool to remove the seals?

I sell the viton seal for the chargers if your interested. I seen you talking about it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information