Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

x package module & ski module & depth ????'s

I thought the 2010 RXT-X 260's came with all teh bells and whistles sea-doo offered. I just happened to browse the accessories catalog and saw these x package modules and ski modules...are these factory replacement incase the originals get damaged or are these strictly aftermarket and none of the functions are on the dash from the MFR?

and teh depth finder, does that swap out other features that are originally stock on the dash? does it work in conjuction with the other 2 modules or is it choose one and that's it?

i've tried to us the search feature as well as google and can't find the answers, thanks ahead!

+1
    all the functions are in the dash. You just need to buy the modules to activate them. cruise, ski and depth finder are 3 of them. You can add any or all of them.

when you plug in your DESS, watch the dash and you will see the lights for functions that you don't have, but these modules add.

so when i buy the ski brand new it doesn't come with cruise control? (unlike what the sales rep told me)

are all 3 easy enough to install yourself as a DIY'er or because I would be under warranty do I need the techs to do it?

UPDATE**

Called the sales rep, the rxt-x comes with teh X moudle package built in. To do the cruise control you need to buy the cruise control and ski package.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nastorino View Post
    so when i buy the ski brand new it doesn't come with cruise control? (unlike what the sales rep told me)

are all 3 easy enough to install yourself as a DIY'er or because I would be under warranty do I need the techs to do it?
    Correct. NO cruise stock. Its stock on some of the skis but NOT on the RXT-X.
    Installing them, I'm not sure on. They are plug in modules, but I have no idea if they tell you where they go. It "should" just be plug and play, if its the same as the modules on my Ski Doo.

UPDATE**

Called the sales rep, the rxt-x comes with the X moudle package built in. To do the cruise control you need to buy the cruise control and ski package.
    Correct. Thats the electronic gauge that I posted about above. You don't have to change the gauge, just add the modules.

the cruise control switches out the right hand controls

http://www.shspowersports.com/eshopp...Ski_Module.htm

i'm just wondering if i do go through with the purchase if i should have the dealer install the depth finder and ski package when they uncrate, build and prep the ski. time vs cost is the factor

+1
    the cruise control switches out the right hand controls

http://www.shspowersports.com/eshopp...Ski_Module.htm

i'm just wondering if i do go through with the purchase if i should have the dealer install the depth finder and ski package when they uncrate, build and prep the ski. time vs cost is the factor
    I forgot about the switch. <oops> I'd guess that it will be a lot easier to have the dealer do the install. If hes a decent dealer, he shouldn't charge you much if anything, unless there is some major time involved in changing something.

been told Ct power & sport is the best with sales and customer service. Any way to findout the seadoo labor hours? for cars you can find the labor hours, anything posted for ski's? the depth finder is .6 hours i found elsewhere in this forum, thats like $55 probably

+1
    been told Ct power & sport is the best with sales and customer service. Any way to findout the seadoo labor hours? for cars you can find the labor hours, anything posted for ski's? the depth finder is .6 hours i found elsewhere in this forum, thats like $55 probably

when you tell them you want to spend $13K++ try and negotiate it into the sale. at least the labor.

yup just called for pricing pretending to have a ski lol

depth 340 + .5hrs install
    ski 200 + 1.5hrs install
    labor is $75hr

$690 w/o tax but could be less if it goes quicker.

i'm gonna call mark for an OTD price no BS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information