Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    new owner of '95 Raider, and new here

    Just wanted to intoduce myself and say hello. I just purchased my first ski, a '95 WaveRaider 701cc, and plan to have a lot of fun with it. Almost bought a '94 SeaDoo, and glad I didn't.

    I've been trying to learn all I can with the search function. There's a lot of good info on here. I'll try to keep the stupid questions to a minumum. Right now I'm just trying to familiarize myself with all the terminalogy, and the ski itself.

    Right now it runs and performs excellent, rode for the first time on sunday. I think the first thing that will get attention or upgrades this off-season will be the jet pump. No upgrades until i'm comfortable with everything though.

    Anyway, I hope to learn a lot about this thing and do a lot of riding.

    Mike W.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bettendorf, Iowa
    Posts
    81
    I'm not 100% but I think you can drop in a 155mm pump from a 1100 Raider in yours. That alone would be more volume of water you'd be pushing. I've heard mixed opinions over the years in regards to rec. riders benefitting from blueprinting the pump.

  3. #3
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by catzodellamarina View Post
    I'm not 100% but I think you can drop in a 155mm pump from a 1100 Raider in yours. That alone would be more volume of water you'd be pushing. I've heard mixed opinions over the years in regards to rec. riders benefitting from blueprinting the pump.

    It would be too much for that 701 engine. 155mm props are designed and pitched for 1100 to 1200cc motors. You could put a 155mm pump in but you will have to depitch those props. Just not cost effective imo.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    344
    +1
    3
    Krispaintballz please check your pm's

  5. #5
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
    Krispaintballz please check your pm's
    I did, nothing.....???

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bettendorf, Iowa
    Posts
    81
    Thanks for verifying the pump swap. Since that's out of the question, then only a few pump options remain for Mikey. Blueprinting or new race pump, new impeller.

    IMO, pump work along with porting would be my last steps in performance mods on a Raider.

  7. #7
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by catzodellamarina View Post
    Thanks for verifying the pump swap. Since that's out of the question, then only a few pump options remain for Mikey. Blueprinting or new race pump, new impeller.

    IMO, pump work along with porting would be my last steps in performance mods on a Raider.


    Hold off on the pump. You need to make power before you think about transfering the power. You dont want to be all show no go. If you are after speed you need to look into getting 1200 motor. I dont car what you do you will never get the speed that you are looking for out of that 701 motor. I just dont want to see you dumb tons of money into something and not get what you want out of it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    Hold off on the pump. You need to make power before you think about transfering the power. You dont want to be all show no go. If you are after speed you need to look into getting 1200 motor. I dont car what you do you will never get the speed that you are looking for out of that 701 motor. I just dont want to see you dumb tons of money into something and not get what you want out of it.
    Hmmm... maybe I'll start shopping around.... What could I expect to pay for a 1200 in decent shape ?

    I did some cleaning on it last night. Two things I noticed. There's been some gelcoat or glass repair on the top front (hood), no big deal but wish I had noticed it before I bought. The rubber seal is cut and deteriorating on the left side, can a new one be ordered ? No signs of any prior major work on the engine.

    My digital display doesn't seem to work well, just the RPM area. Anything I can do for that ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New member, and new owner of Genesis.
    By Inssomniak in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 01:33 PM
  2. New owner of 09 fzr, vx plate results and advise needed for further mods
    By Swedoo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 10:05 AM
  3. New member and proud owner of 2008 SEADOO RXP
    By Greg555 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 10:34 AM
  4. New member and proud owner of a 2007 RXT
    By jescar50dx in forum Southeast
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 07:35 AM
  5. New member and proud owner of a 2007 RXT
    By jescar50dx in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •