+1

951 Experts, how often do you clean the RAVE Valves ?

I noticed oil leaking out of the PTO RAVE cap so I pulled them both out to have a look. The rear one had the large circular spring come off and the bellows were not attached to the center piece that screws to the top of the valve. Both valves were partially stuck in the slots and I had to use a little carb cleaner to loosen things up before I could pull the valves out. Both of them were gummed up pretty good. I cleaned them at the begining of last year, because I'm up North the ski does not get as many hours on it as someone down South. I use Seadoo synthetic oil.

Would the stuck valve cause the bellows to come off the center piece ?
    How often do the 951s typically require the RAVEs be cleaned ? In my case it looks like at least twice a year.

When this oil tank is low I'll be switching to Amsoil Interceptor, it will be interesting to see if a different oil makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I noticed oil leaking out of the PTO RAVE cap so I pulled them both out to have a look. The rear one had the large circular spring come off and the bellows were not attached to the center piece that screws to the top of the valve. Both valves were partially stuck in the slots and I had to use a little carb cleaner to loosen things up before I could pull the valves out. Both of them were gummed up pretty good. I cleaned them at the begining of last year, because I'm up North the ski does not get as many hours on it as someone down South. I use Seadoo synthetic oil.

Would the stuck valve cause the bellows to come off the center piece ?
    How often do the 951s typically require the RAVEs be cleaned ? In my case it looks like at least twice a year.

When this oil tank is low I'll be switching to Amsoil Interceptor, it will be interesting to see if a different oil makes a difference.
    no expert by any means, but i clean mine every 20 hours. Amsoil is suppose to be cleaner, I just switched myself, so havent taken a look yet.

The spring is known to come off, so I wouldnt say the valves sticking would make it come off.

I would install a zip tie at the bottom groove of each bellows. The narrow six inch long zip ties work great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsirois831 View Post
    Amsoil is suppose to be cleaner, I just switched myself, so havent taken a look yet..
    I just ordered a block off kit and am thinking of switching soon, let us know how your raves look, Thx.

I use amsoil in the gtx in my sig. Still running the oil injection and raves still look clean after 25 hrs

Thread Information