Need purchase advice

I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of 1995 Sea-doo Bombadier SPs with a dual trailer for $2,850. They are in pretty good shape physically and the seller says they run well. Naturally, I would have them checked out by a professional before I bought them, too. I don't expect them to be fantastic, but just something to get me on the water to see if owning jetskis is going to be a good investment. If it turns out to be something we really enjoy, we can buy newer ones later on. If not, I haven't invested that much. The question is whether $2,850 is a good value for what I'm getting. I took a quick look at them and they don't appear to have any guages, which I thought was odd. Thanks!

+1
    If the trailer is in really good shape, its worth ~ $1000 by itself. So are the skis worth $900 a piece? 15 years old, they are pretty much throw away. Using them to see if you like the sport "may" be okay, keeping in mind that they are NOTHING like what is on the market today. If they run and run well, and you can afford to trow away $1800 than they may be an okay way to play on the water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timinpensacola View Post
    I don't expect them to be fantastic, but just something to get me on the water to see if owning jetskis is going to be a good investment. If it turns out to be something we really enjoy, we can buy newer ones later on. If not, I haven't invested that much.
    Welcome to the forum. First of all, these toys are not investments. My advice is, save your money and get a newer ski with a warranty. If you want to see if you enjoy PWC, you can always find a rental operation or tour service in your area and ride them. The problem with old toys like that is, you're buying an unreliable headache; and that's not going to give you a good or accurate impression of what today's modern 4 stroke PWC's are all about. It's like paying somebody $3,000 to step back in time.

+1
    those ski the 1995 seadoo sp's will run right around 40 mph and have the same hull as the famous 96 xp, one of the best ski ever!! the hull is very unstable but a lot of fun to jump waves with and play around on. true it is not a brand new ski and no doubt u are going to invest time and more money into getting them running like new. also, never trust what the seller says, go ride the ski before u buy them. also i think the price is too high!!!! offer $2000 most, btw those ski didnt come with guages, the spi model did, as well as the xp

Thread Information