Question 2008 Sea-Doo Rattling out of water when running.

I pulled my 2009 GTI SE 130 (45 hrs runtime) out of the lake yesterday and noticed a little rattle near the impeller area. I went ahead and pulled it out of loading ramp and fired it up for a second and it is rattling pretty bad. Like a rock is bouncing around in the impeller.

It ran perfect in water no loose of speed or anything. I have heard some people say this is normal but i just want to double check with yall guys!

I called my local shop and they said it sounds like the wear ring and they could look at it Monday but my sea-doo warranty does not cover wear ring replacement.

A ski rope did get sucked into it but i was able to just cut it out in a few mins.

I did not notice this noise when i changed to oil about a month ago. But i did have it hooked to hose i will try it tonight when i get home on hose and see if it stops!

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

Mine has always rattled a little when running it on the hose. I recently had a prop bearing go bad and it started out as a howling noise that got louder and louder. Eventually I started to notice a vibration and shut it down when I pulled the pump off and looked at the prop bearing it was starting to eat itself. Some bearings fell out and some were oblong.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Completely normal. If it doesn't sound like your impellers falling out of the ski when running out of the water... then you have a problem!

cool thanks guys!

Thread Information