Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fort Awesome III fortawesomeiii's Avatar

Help with P0339 Cam Shaft Code RXPX not starting w/o Starting Fluid

I have an 08 RXPX that I installed a stge one on last summer and put on the following mods this summer:
    Intake upgrade, RD Grate X Charger, Free Flow exhaust, 50 lb injectors, Rear Intake, Open Loop, Riva Ride Plate, and I'm sure a couple other things I am forgetting. On my initial test run, I had an exhaust hose blow off and the boat filled with water and consequesntly ingested some...

Since then I have replaced injectors and changed the oil almost half a dozen times to get the water out, changed plugs, and cleared out all water form intake and anywhere else I can think of(removed all plug ins, cleaned with elec cleaner, and reconnected).

Results:

The ski WILL NOT start without starting fluid. With a couple short 1/2 second sprays, it fires right up. If it cranks for over 10 seconds without starting, I get a P0339 code. Also, if it does start, it usually gives a P0339 code. All these results up until now have been on the hose.

Yesterday I finally dropped it in the water, got it started(only with a little bit of starting fluid, ran it VERY easy(not over 5000rpms) for about 10 minutes and it didn't give a code when running. However, after running it for that length of time then putting it back on the trailer and trying to start it without starting fluid, it gave a p0339 code after about 10 seconds of cranking?

Anyone got any ideas? I have checked and triple checked all connectors, especially crankshaft position sensor (p0344) and camshaft position sensor(p0339 code). My thoughts: Did I possible skip timing when the motor became hydrolocked after the water ingestion? Would the ski still run with a misaligned timing system? What is the best way to remedy this or next step to figuring out my problem? Thanks for the help! I hope to post pics and mods once my project comes together like I planned!

By the way, I will be installing a rad4 torque plate tonight so I will somewhat have a little more motor access if anyone has any ideas for further checking.

BUDS says...

For the P0339. Crank signal not possible with Cam signal.

Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector, damaged ECM pins or damaged tooth wheel.

Remedy.
    For the CPS, check for 190 to 290 ohms between terminals A-5 and A-19 of ECM connector.
    For the CAPS, check for 12 volts on sensor connector pin 3.
    Check continuity for circuits A-20, A-34 and terminal 4 on engine connector.
    Check FUSE#4 (REFER TO WIRING DIAGRAM)

P0344. Cam phase sensor signal missing.

Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector, damaged ECM pins or damaged tooth wheel.
    Fault detected when the engine is running.

Remedy.

For the CPS, check for 700 to 900 ohms between terminals A-5 and A-19 of ECM connector.
    For the CAPS, check for 12 volts on sensor connector pin 3.
    Check continuity for circuits A-20, A-34 and terminal 4 on engine connector.
    Check FUSE#4 (REFER TO WIRING DIAGRAM)

All seem to point to fuse 4, so that's where I would start.

Fort Awesome III fortawesomeiii's Avatar
    Thanks, time to bust out the multimeter!

Question

My 2009 rxpx won't crank either spark plugs won't fire motor locked up and got rebuild put new plugs new solenoid and starter switch I need help it shows that code after turning over for around 10 seconds too

+1
    Think johnnyrxt had this error and found a melted wire. Search that error code here.

Is there anyway u ould find out which one it was for me?

Like are you saying it was grounding or shorting out and keeping it from cranking?

+1
    Did you read the other thread bro?
    If not u can search code p0339 by johnnyrxt

Just an idea that a member mentioned to me with my starting problem and after checking about 17 other items. Try starting it with the MAP Sensor disconnected. You need to start the ski right after the two beeps or it will give a fault and not start.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
    Is there anyway u ould find out which one it was for me?
    your new (Welcome to the Forum) so I did the search. It is in the upper right hand corner

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ighlight=P0339

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information