Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X mods and results

Ok, heres what I have...
    2008 RXP-X: Mach 1 X Charger wheel 13 psi, 4" R&D SC Sleeve, K&N Intake Filter w/ 4" Kanaflex Tube and Tapered Sleeve, 50 LB injectors, Riva pro series AL Waterbox, Riva Pro Series OPAS Block Offs, Riva sponsons, Riva Thru Hull Exhaust, 83 mm Nozzle, Solas 15/22R, R&D Intake Grate, Ride Plate holes filled.

I'm getting 73MPH. I was getting 71.8 with just the R&D intake grate. Shouldn't I be in the 76MPH range? What am I missing? Thanks, Craig

+1
    Out of what's listed what parts are new? State your rpms and conditions as well bro.

Sorry, everything was new except the 83mm nozzle. 8040/8060 RPMS. I've run it in 95 degree salt water with 95 degree air temps and it ran 7900 RPMs at 72MPH. Lower temps and it was back up to 8060 and 74 MPH. Now running 80 degree fresh water with 80-90 degree air temps. 180 LB rider. Fuel level doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. I just put the sponsons on two weeks ago and am running them all the way down but speed didn't change. I will try running them all the way up this weekend... what else?

+1
    Imo you should be a shade faster but keep in mind you did not add dramatic amounts of power. I was not far behind you. When I added the wedge and rod and rear air I picked up close to 2mph. Let Duke work your prop bro and see what happens.

Any AFR readings. I bet your on the rich side. Do you have a fuel controller?

Need to advance the curve, and get better fuelling to make all the parts work better to me.

Need to un-leash the torque the engine can give with the charger.

Wouldn't I tweak my prop to adjust RPMs? They seem pretty good no? I have no AFR readings and no gages or special tools at this point as I kind of just jumped in over the winter after following you guys for a few years, simple stuff, nothing big,you know how it starts, lol. The plugs are actually showing a bit lean if that helps.

Should I be looking at a fuel pressure regulator kit from Riva? What do I need to check AFR? They suggested an ECU but I'm trying to keep this thing a long distance rider. They also suggested a XX Charger but I'm already suppose to be pushing 13 LBS boost. Should I measure the boost??? Thanks for the help guys. I have no problem buying and doing what I need to to make it right. And I said I would never get back in to modding...

+1
    All of the info is here and some of the best tuners are here bro. Do you have a budget and any specific goals?

Thats why I'm here, you guys are the best. I'm thinking I don't really want to mod that much more, just like to make what I have work. I really expected to be in the 75-76 range and will be happy with that. Budget, I've already blown that so what the hec, lol. Most of my riding is long distance these days so need to keep reliability. Did a trip to the Bahamas from Miami in June and doing an 800 mile ride next month in Lk Huron...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by haleyscomet View Post
    Thats why I'm here, you guys are the best. I'm thinking I don't really want to mod that much more, just like to make what I have work. I really expected to be in the 75-76 range and will be happy with that. Budget, I've already blown that so what the hec, lol. Most of my riding is long distance these days so need to keep reliability. Did a trip to the Bahamas from Miami in June and doing an 800 mile ride next month in Lk Huron...
    Damn, 800 miles on Lake huron! I want to go with, that sounds like a great trip.
    I would dial in the AFR by some means -rude controller, RRFPR and then pitch your prop accordingly because your Rpms should come up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information