Female X2 owner needs help on Long Island

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	206604Hello all. I am the original owner of a 90 X2 and still am. I can not part with it and everyone on here knows why. It is all original and all stock. Until last night it had not seen the water since 03. It went to florida with me in 04 and was never used, came back with me last sept. My ex told me that it was ceased due to the fact that he couldnt be bothered to look at it for me since it didnt benefit him. So it sat on the trailer covered till last week when I decided I cant let it sit anymore. I dumped the gas, put new gas and oil in. Put a new battery on and she started right up and ran great with the hose hooked up. Much to my excitement I ran to change and grab my vest and tiedowns threw it in the back of the truck and made it to the water before dark at 8pm last night. I got her in the water and here goes.................. 1) NO WATER CAME OUT OF THE BYPASS NOZZLE, however it did on flush with the hose hooked up. 2) NO POWER WHEN ON THE THROTTLE. The gas knob is frozen in the middle position between on and res. However on flush with the hose hooked up it ran fine, if it wasnt getting gas I would imagine it wouldnt run on flush. 3) My original mechanic from way back when is no longer turning wrenches and I cant do it myself. I am looking for some one local with extensive knowlege and the love of the ski like me to help me get it up and running fine. When I tell you this engine is in mint condition for being 20 yrs old, I mean it. I am a female. It has never been in the ocean and never beat on. I ride for 5 to 10 minutes and come in and sit on beach then repeat for the rest of the day. It has always been maintained. The few places I called prior to starting her last night told me that with there extensive knowledge and it being 20 yrs old dont waste my time or money. Well her starting right up last night proved them wrong. So If anyone in the eastern suff area of Ny would like to help please let me know. Thank you for takeing the time to read this

for your water issue look at the pump and see it the water hose is hooked up. There is a brass fitting that it hooks to. See picture, it is in the lower right corner. Also the line might be clogged. You should see water running out of the pump when it is running on the hose. Was there any water inside the hull after you ran it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0be6_12.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	206686
    As for the fuel the valve might might be stuck. Try to take the knob off and turn it with a vise grip. If you can not turn it here is a link to one on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-KA...item53e28615c0

Thank you. I didnt know were to look on the pump. I will try to look at this and see if it is there. When I ran it the other night it was only for about two minutes. Wont stay running under load. And no water coming out, I didnt want to make anything worse. I will report my findings.

Ok I have found someone local to give me a hand. Im going to need a SBN 44 and a manifold to fit a 650 Plus a throttle cable bracket. any one have something for sale?

I am looking for a mikuni carb and manifold for a 650 set up with a throttle cable bracket. If anyone has anything let me know.

B&V
    i'm workin on one now ,i rblt the fuel pump,have fuel flow may need a carb CDK keihin,i live in lake grove ny,your best bet is to bypass the the fuel valve,start eliminating,your engine seals may also be leaking,where are you on L.I.

Thread Information