Changing over to premix

Do I need to do anything differ to the carbs changing my 1997 SL 1050 over to premix, I unhooked the oil pump and removed the lines off the carbs.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You must remove the oil pump and install a block off plate, not just disconnect the oil hoses.

Was there something wrong with your oil pump?

I messed with the adjustments by accident and the ski ran lean, I tried to readjust it but I couldn't figure it out, so I decided to go premix to avoid any problems.

+1
    There is no adjustment on the oil sysytem. its either a constant or variable pump sysytem.. the constant provides 50/1 and the variable gives 100/1 at idle. 50/1 at cruising speed and 40/1 at WOT.

you need to take out the oil gear plug out in the engine/ that will spin un-ubricated. it's in the engine under the oil pump. just pull it out and install the block off plate.. then use 3.2 oz's of 2 -stroke oil per gallon. thats 16oz's per 5 gallons gas.

read up on the high speed adjuster and the low speed aduster settings. set them to factory reccomendations. unless you have changed something. such as flame arrestors.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    There is no adjustment on the oil sysytem. its either a constant or variable pump sysytem.. the constant provides 50/1 and the variable gives 100/1 at idle. 50/1 at cruising speed and 40/1 at WOT.

you need to take out the oil gear plug out in the engine/ that will spin un-ubricated. it's in the engine under the oil pump. just pull it out and install the block off plate.. then use 3.2 oz's of 2 -stroke oil per gallon. thats 16oz's per 5 gallons gas.

read up on the high speed adjuster and the low speed aduster settings. set them to factory reccomendations. unless you have changed something. such as flame arrestors.
    You're talking about a Fuji engine,this is a 1050.

Don't forget to cap off the fittings on the carb's. Shouldn't need any carb adjustment-oil was mixed before entering the jets.

Thread Information