Thread: HELP-gp1300

HELP-gp1300

running it for a hours in the ocean get back to the bay, running wide open it just shuts off and stops i got to start it the volt meter says low volt, it resets it self then says 12.v volts so i start it run it and it shuts off again does this for a good 4 times then i run it finally withouth shutting off and it wont go past 25 mph, get back to the floatin dock put it on take the seat off and as i rev it, its louder than ever sounds like its coming from the upper part of the stinger, touched the front cylinder it was hot enough to cook an egg on it took the plug out and it wouldn't stop pouring out smoke, all of the plugs were fouled ( things done d-plate, so i just recently changed the oil to yamalube 2m but i had been running for days fine) what i think and hope its not is that i cooked the cylinder ALSO when i turned it off the warning light came on with an engine symbol! please help me out what could it be

Bump- someone please chime in

+1
    first of all... all you guys with problems need to be clear when you explain your symptoms so a few of us can try to help out.. without knowing what its doing, we have no clue how to try to help

also, the first thing you do to any 2 stroke with a power or stalling problem is check compression

these engines dont just die, and when they do its usually a problem

also the 13rs are bad about battery cables coming loose and causing cranking/charging problems

if more of you guys would post better info about your craft (mods, recent service work, history), detailed symptoms (and post photos of damage), and do a little bit of "self diagnostics" (compression readings, plug condition, codes stored in computer, warning light symbols) you would get more answers

+1
    First the basics, what yr GPR,then how many running volts does it show,around 14 on the trailer,mines14.8 , a proper air tight compression test before you start opening things up

What more can i tell u i told u all of
    My symptons im sorry i didnt have the time to test the compression its an 06 w 70 hours on it never ever had a problem w it bfore bought it at 50 hours

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by morespeedplease View Post
    What more can i tell u i told u all of
    My symptons im sorry i didnt have the time to test the compression its an 06 w 70 hours on it never ever had a problem w it bfore bought it at 50 hours
    my little rant wasnt directed to you specifically, but more to the other guys who want help but dont give crutial info... and then get pissed because no one will answer

you have to check compression and all the basics or we are all just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    my little rant wasnt directed to you specifically, but more to the other guys who want help but dont give crutial info... and then get pissed because no one will answer

you have to check compression and all the basics or we are all just guessing
    still havent gotten aroun to the compression test checked the terminals on the engine pos was a bit loose but nothing crazy tightend it up but i dont think a power line couldve have caused the rest of my problems ill b able to do a compression test tomorow and get back with the results.. btw^any guesses would help me to check what i should be checking..my mechanic told me to air compress each cool off hose which kind of makes sense being that the hose next to my front cylinder was just as hot as the cylinder

Thread Information