I have two small Problems.. 2002 4 Tech N/a

First one may not be a big deal. When i go to start it, It will start first try 9-10 times But once in a while I need to hit it like 3 times. Its like it won't turn over. (Battery Full)

And the other thing. Is it normal when just cruising i get like a miss around 4-5500 RMPs At WOT its very very smooth. Runs 57mph today GPS..

I can see the rpms go down like 300 and will go back kinda jerks ya. But once your like 3/4 throttle it Runs GREAT. Is this normal?????

Hmmm, possibility you have a coil breaking down, the WOT smoothness could just be compensation across the pots at higher revs.

Another possibility for the missfire and ur poor starting sometimes could well be a timing pickup sensors, cam or crank. May need a plug in to see if there are any codes.

Were can i check codes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cmher18 View Post
    ttt
    the dealer will have to hook it up to buds and see if it's throwing out any codes...if it is throwing codes you'll know where to start

theres a little trick on the rxp where you can put lanyard on post then hold down set button this displays p codes in the lcd then press the set button to scroll thru them

this is presuming you have an lcd?!

if you dont its BUDS system all the way!

Also check your battery terminals arnt loose!

Life is Supercharged (without ceramics)
    +1
    i had a similar starting issue, in my case it was the plugs. Strange thing was my plugs were kind of loose when i had it up on the trailer. So i would go to the plugs first before you move further.

A loose coil connection would pop a code but a bad coil would not. I once pulled the coil off the plug to see if it was misfiring and the engine didnt know a thing, as far as it was concerned the spark was being sent even though the spar wasnt firing. So a bad connection between the coil and the plug could become problematic during starting.

Do you have a buddy with the same boat? You could try swapping coils to see if the issues go away so you dont waste money on new coils.

Life is Supercharged (without ceramics)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmanjay View Post
    theres a little trick on the rxp where you can put lanyard on post then hold down set button this displays p codes in the lcd then press the set button to scroll thru them

this is presuming you have an lcd?!

if you dont its BUDS system all the way!

Also check your battery terminals arnt loose!
    what is the post setting? I cant get mine to display any codes. I had the check engine light on once when my mechanic forgot to plug in a coil but then when i turned it off, reconnected the coil, the light went off and never came back on.

Shouldnt that code be stored even though the problem was fixed?

Im just now finding the little tricks hidden in my dash, just like how easy it was to switch from mph to kmph LOL MODE + SET for 2 seconds.

Thread Information