Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621

    engine oil came out from riva breather kit like volcano

    i run the R2 without the powershot during las trip,after running for a few hours warning beep n i saw alot of engine oil inside the hull so sent my ski to yamaha they said found nothing wrong....i went to test my ski 2day,when i WOT the engine oil came out from the riva breather kit like volcano....could it b becoz i never use powershot so the fuel run lean n damage the piston ring so air went inside n push the oil to come out from the breather kit?any1 come across tis?plz advice tks...


  2. #2
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    A hole in a piston will pressurize the crankcase and oil will flow out.

    However, that would be a worse-case deal. Maybe it just got hot and there is possibly no damage. I read quite a while back that this happened to someone (believe it was mjh3ides) and there was no damage in his particular situation.

    Just out of curiosity, what are your AFR's with the R2 and Powershot???

  3. #3
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    A hole in a piston will pressurize the crankcase and oil will flow out.

    However, that would be a worse-case deal. Maybe it just got hot and there is possibly no damage. I read quite a while back that this happened to someone (believe it was mjh3ides) and there was no damage in his particular situation.

    Just out of curiosity, what are your AFR's with the R2 and Powershot???
    i m goin to open up the engine n check the piston inside... i didnt use the powershot becoz the 1st 2 pair of powershot is spoilt now i have my 3rd set brand new but have not use it...i aready got my LC-1 but not yet fix...im waiting for my pet tach n boost gauge to come...

  4. #4
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    When I had a hole in a piston, I could remove the dipstick and when turning the engine over oil would shoot out of the dipstick tube. This was on a 6.0 L Powerstroke diesel.

    So your engine got hot?

    I wouldn't wait for anything--get that LC-1 installed as (at least to me), the AFR's are paramount. My WOT was 15.x at WOT when I finally got the RPM's I was looking for (8400). I had to adjust the Powershot red settings higher than stock at 7. But my water is cool compared to yours.

  5. #5
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    When I had a hole in a piston, I could remove the dipstick and when turning the engine over oil would shoot out of the dipstick tube. This was on a 6.0 L Powerstroke diesel.

    So your engine got hot?

    I wouldn't wait for anything--get that LC-1 installed as (at least to me), the AFR's are paramount. My WOT was 15.x at WOT when I finally got the RPM's I was looking for (8400). I had to adjust the Powershot red settings higher than stock at 7. But my water is cool compared to yours.
    bro to b frank i juz knw how to ride n dun knw anything abt the ski so when something goes wrong i have to look for my fren to help me coz here we dun have a shop tat can help us wif all tis things...even the yamaha dealer here they only knw abt stock ski but modded ski they r not familiar haha...

  6. #6
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonfzr View Post
    i m goin to open up the engine n check the piston inside... i didnt use the powershot becoz the 1st 2 pair of powershot is spoilt now i have my 3rd set brand new but have not use it...i aready got my LC-1 but not yet fix...im waiting for my pet tach n boost gauge to come...

    If you have the gauges a compression check would tell a lot in 5 minutes without tearing anything down.

  7. #7
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    If you have the gauges a compression check would tell a lot in 5 minutes without tearing anything down.
    las few days i did check wif compression gauge,i check it myself but everything seem ok....
    but after testing my ski 2day the oil leak out from the nreather kit again...beside the piston issuse wat other possibilty could have cause tis?

  8. #8
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonfzr View Post
    i m goin to open up the engine n check the piston inside... i didnt use the powershot becoz the 1st 2 pair of powershot is spoilt now i have my 3rd set brand new but have not use it...i aready got my LC-1 but not yet fix...im waiting for my pet tach n boost gauge to come...
    The powershot is critical in providing enough fuel to run that B1 boost wheel. Running the ski without is asking for trouble.

  9. #9
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    +1
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    A hole in a piston will pressurize the crankcase and oil will flow out.

    However, that would be a worse-case deal. Maybe it just got hot and there is possibly no damage. I read quite a while back that this happened to someone (believe it was mjh3ides) and there was no damage in his particular situation.

    Just out of curiosity, what are your AFR's with the R2 and Powershot???
    My issue was from overheating the engine when I still had the OEM breather hose connected to the intake tube. I'm not sure why he would have that much oil coming out the Riva breather hose blockoff at normal operating temps.
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    The powershot is critical in providing enough fuel to run that B1 boost wheel. Running the ski without is asking for trouble.
    He's got a RRFPR so the PS might not be necessary, but checking the AFR definately is.

  10. #10
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post

    He's got a RRFPR so the PS might not be necessary, but checking the AFR definately is.
    Ah. I missed that, but with no way to see A/F he wouldn't know where to set the pressure? Yikes. I hope it is not something bad causing the oil to spew out but I dunno.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 05:17 PM
  2. cam cap came off tat cause oil coming out from breather kit
    By tysonfzr in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 11:02 PM
  3. engine oil came out from breather kit again...
    By tysonfzr in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 12:05 AM
  4. Too much oil coming out from plug holes!!!!
    By marvin1907 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 10:20 PM
  5. just came over from Riva
    By DJFRANKIEB381 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •