Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking For A Project For The Winter

I really like the way the Polaris ride, and their relative simplicity of the engine and its systems. Essentially I'd like to get a 3 seater, and completely rebuild it this winter. Yes, I know it's only July, but if I get the jump on some research and parts location of a certain model, I'll be many steps ahead of the game once the snow flies. What's everyone recommend for a 3 seater (model, year, etc?)

+1
    well its not a 3 seater but i have a sl1050 that would be a good project! pm me for details

I have a 96 SLT780 that may go on the block if it gives me one more major problem. (not kidding) The problem for you would be that it wouldn't be much of a project because I already replaced everything. You are in Canada. I was on a website the other day that had a 97 SLT780 that had a mint hull (looked new) but it said it needed a crank shaft. That's a project! They were asking like $450.00 or best offer. It looked like it was at a dealer. It was in what looked like a showroom with a lot of other skis. Let me see if I can find the link again and I will give it to you. I stumbled onto it by accident while doing a Google Search for a jet pump.

Yes, definitely need a three-up. They say the SLX is a two seater.....phfff, ya right! Maybe for myself and my two year old daughter, but not for my wife and I to cruise the river on.

I have been trying to find that site again all afternoon. I am having trouble because I put the search in three or four different ways and didn't save any of it. The website that came up had boats for sale on it as well and it was definitely in Canada. I remember it clearly because I was thinking that I would like to grab the thing. I then realized it was in Canada. You would think that with all the money I am dumping into mine I wouldn't even think about it but this sh*t is like heroin. I was thinking I could fix it and then give mine to my son. The hull was in such great shape. It looked as clean as Neil's. Have you ever seen the pics of Cliffy's? It was just like that.

I know Canada is huge but would you have an idea where this would have been located? All of the listings were not from the same dealer or seller. They were from different locations.

I hope I can find it for ya. If it is close to you it would probably work out.

+1
    a 95 750 slt is a fun ski and easy to work on. it hold 3 people easily and you can tow tubes behind it. it has a 80hp and jumps on plane quickly. does about 48mph at 6250 rpms. I have one and use it a lot. its a fun ski to ride, very stable, you dont get wet usually, it spins `180'2 and 360's.. you can buy lots of upgrades and parts for it too. its the ski on my avatar. you can even turn around on it on the river and fish off the back of it while drifting. lots of room up front too. great on gas..uses 87, 11 gallon tank. goes for 4 hours before a refill at wot. about 40 miles or so..

Yep, liking the look of the SLT. I imagine they are pretty plentiful out there in the "for sale" world. Is that site you were thinking of www.boatbuys.ca ?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    See if you can find a SLTX. It's the 3 seater with a 1050 engine. Plenty of power to pull you and the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Yep, liking the look of the SLT. I imagine they are pretty plentiful out there in the "for sale" world. Is that site you were thinking of www.boatbuys.ca ?
    No that is not it but it looked similar to that. I remember it said something about a place called "Go Performance." Do you know of a place out there that goes by that name? It was either "Go Performance" or "Go Performance Watersports" that had something to do with it. There were ads on the page from dealers and private sellers. If I find it again I will definitely get it to you. If you come across it on your own you can't miss it. There is a black and white Genesis right next to it in the picture and then when you click on it there are alternate views of it.

I am going to see if my son can find everywhere I searched on this computer in the last week. Maybe I can find it that way. I tried finding it by putting in 97 SLT 780 Canada in a Google Search but I got a bunch of hits on this site and others with questions about them.

I have done so many searches for jet pumps, impellers, and seals this past week or so that my head is going to explode.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TopCop931 View Post
    I have a 96 SLT780 that may go on the block if it gives me one more major problem. (not kidding) The problem for you would be that it wouldn't be much of a project because I already replaced everything. You are in Canada. I was on a website the other day that had a 97 SLT780 that had a mint hull (looked new) but it said it needed a crank shaft. That's a project! They were asking like $450.00 or best offer. It looked like it was at a dealer. It was in what looked like a showroom with a lot of other skis. Let me see if I can find the link again and I will give it to you. I stumbled onto it by accident while doing a Google Search for a jet pump.

Hey topcop check out this 99 Hurricane for sale in your neck of the woods.
    http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/boa/1857213635.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information