Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Angry Too hot to ride!

The temps here in central N.C. have been 100+ last few days with a heat index of 108 The humidity is killer too. It's not even fun to ride my sik today so I just stayed in where it's cool . Tommy Jordan

lol, its been 10 degrees below normal for the last 2 months in Washington. 275 days without the temp getting over 75....something like that anyway. So its 80+ today and I am a puss, not used to the temp but its not 100+ Guess speed and weather have something in common.....never satisfied

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Humidity here has been retarded. Sucks to be on the water and sweating your ass off!

Sounds like a normal Texas Summer LOL

+1
    Its crazy hot and humid here also Tommy. Pour sweat just unloading the boats at the ramp.

But if I could there would be no stopping me.

+1
    It about that hot in STL too and I've been in the garage all this week working on my POS. I'm about ready to give up.

+1
    Perect weather to ride. You are on the water, so why not get wet?

Oh, I forgot, you guys are all out on boats and don't get wet. lol

This cracks me up like when people won't ride because it is raining.

Banned User
    +1
    Try Lake Havasu City Arizona. This time of year, our low temperature, just before sunrise, is around 99 degree's. By 3pm, it's in the one teen's(113+degree's), and I've seen 126 degree's in the shade, here at my house next to the lake.
    Yea, it's a dry heat, humidity is usually less than 20%, but it still feels like you have a hair dryer pointed at your face, on high, when your riding.
    Most of us ride at sunrise(5:30am), and are off the water by 8am.

However, I used to live in southern LA(Louisiana), and Jerry and the Louisiana boys can tell you something about heat. Try 100 degree's, and rain!!! 100deg+100% humidity+every fricking bug their is biting you=no fun!!!

Most of us Havasuvians remain indoors after 8am. It just gets stupid hot here, and if you've never experience 120+ degree's, just pick up your girl friend hair dryer, set it on high, and blow it at your face; it's like that.

I'm lucky though, I have an air conditioned garage(only in Lake Havasu-never seen a house with one before), so I can get it down to about 85 for when I'm trying to turn a Seadoo into a Yamaha(it ain't happening).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Sounds like a normal Texas Summer LOL
    +1 Yes sir...just another Texas day

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    Try Lake Havasu City Arizona. This time of year, our low temperature, just before sunrise, is around 99 degree's. By 3pm, it's in the one teen's(113+degree's), and I've seen 126 degree's in the shade, here at my house next to the lake.
    Yea, it's a dry heat, humidity is usually less than 20%, but it still feels like you have a hair dryer pointed at your face, on high, when your riding.
    Most of us ride at sunrise(5:30am), and are off the water by 8am.

However, I used to live in southern LA(Louisiana), and Jerry and the Louisiana boys can tell you something about heat. Try 100 degree's, and rain!!! 100deg+100% humidity+every fricking bug their is biting you=no fun!!!

Most of us Havasuvians remain indoors after 8am. It just gets stupid hot here, and if you've never experience 120+ degree's, just pick up your girl friend hair dryer, set it on high, and blow it at your face; it's like that.

I'm lucky though, I have an air conditioned garage(only in Lake Havasu-never seen a house with one before), so I can get it down to about 85 for when I'm trying to turn a Seadoo into a Yamaha(it ain't happening).
    I've been out racing in the World Finals (90s) and its been 116+. Not the same. Also the water is nice and cool also. Was laughing at everyone dying from the dry heat.

Central Fl hits upper 80s by 9am and middle 90s after lunch this time of year. Humidity 80%+ and the water temps are between 95 and 100 degrees. Can't even cool off.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information