15f R&D Ride Plate and Intake questions....please help!!!!

I recently had a completely stock 15f. I was looking for some more top speed so i wanted to do some mods. I started with:

1) Custom Air Intake and Breather hoses (i used spectre Filters)
    2) I bypassed the secondary water box

* After doing these two mods to my completely stock ski...there was a noticable difference in hole shot and acceleration.

I then proceeded to purchase an R&D rideplate that was paired with an Aquavein Intake Grate. I also switched from the stock sponsons to a set of Worx Sponsons ( i set them as high as possible).

After installation of the rideplate, aquavein grate, and seems that i lost a little hole shot, acceleration, and top speed. I have heard nothing but positive thins about the R&D Ride plate..and i don't think the sponsons would slow me down. I think it is the aquavein intake grate...

1) can i cut off the center and wings of the intake grate so it just has two bars? Do you think this will give me back my top speed, hole shot, and acceleration?

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	206856  

Sacramento, CA
    On the 15f I had, I lost speed with the sponsons and intake grate. About 4 mph in combination. Both of these mods helped keep the nose down but the speed loss was too great.

thanks Aaron. which grate and sponsons did you have? did you ever try to modify the grate?

Sacramento, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmygoal View Post
    thanks Aaron. which grate and sponsons did you have? did you ever try to modify the grate?
    I had the worx grate which is "supposed" to be less aggressive than the R&D. I also had the riva sponsons. I never modified the grate, decided to go back to stock and sell it. My 15f ran consistent 65.7-66.6 mph before the grate and sponsons. I tested all kinds of stuff on the 15f. The only thing I didn't do was the Riva exhaust. Macc Racing told me that the extrude honed exhaust manifold makes a huge difference. He said 8 hp on a stock motor. I was gonna do that but got the Ultra shortly after on a great deal. I wish I still had the 15f. It was a very fun and reliable ski.

Thread Information