Wave Jumpin seat problem

Every time i land on my gp im scared the seat is gonna pop off due to so many stories ive heard of the same issue ..needless today.. it happend sunk my ski in the ocean by myself luckily my friend came just in time....point being how does everyone cover that damn opening? i was thinkn about making some fiberglass piece .

+1
    Not sure what opening you are talking about.

As far as the seat, the problem is that the latch doesn't really close all of the way by itself. To see what I'm talking about, put the seat on the ski, then push down on the seat until it latches. Now push down on the latch release, instead of pulling up like you do to remove it. When you do, it will then completely lock.

What I used to do was take a mini-bungie cord and stretch it over the top of the latch before I did any wave jumping. It would ensure that the latch stayed locked then. Couldn't yank the seat off no matter how hard I tried.

im talking about the opening of on the back of the grab handle it has an clear opening for the water to push the latch open easily ...btw i do some serious wave jumping so this is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by morespeedplease View Post
    Every time i land on my gp im scared the seat is gonna pop off due to so many stories ive heard of the same issue ..needless today.. it happend sunk my ski in the ocean by myself luckily my friend came just in time....point being how does everyone cover that damn opening? i was thinkn about making some fiberglass piece .

So did you retrieve your ski or is it at the bottom of the ocean?

+1
    I don't known about the hole in the back. Sorry if your seat is coming off that suck. I have never had a problem with it. You might need a new seat. Flexing the seat from landing on it might have mess it up.
    Last edited by 20 feet Boy; 09-28-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: misunderstood

Haven't done it personally but some people drill a small hole in the seat release lever and zip tie it to the grab bar once the seat is locked into position.

Check this thread out for some good wavejumping info: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ht=wavejumping

Thread Information