Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The pics suck...

But you get the idea!

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    DAMN......I hate you!

want one so bad. I'd like to get the rubi in a year or two when the work out the bugs from year 1.

edit: what are you're first impressions?
    Last edited by SeanCucf; 10-10-2006 at 10:30 PM. Reason: mich lite

+1
    did u trade the red one???

+1
    damn you pettee, did you really get a JK?? that an X i take it?? did you get 4.10s or 3.21s, auto or stick??

First impressions=100% better ride. Fit and finish is tighter, interior is much better. Power windows and locks are a bit odd, but theyre nice. Its a simple disco to take the doors off, all four come off.

Seats are mucho comfy compared to old one. Back seats fold flat instead of tumbling out(2 doors still tumble out) and plit 60/40. Tow rated at 3500, so it will be much nicer towing then with the Rubi, and the extra wheelbase and mass won't hurt it either.

The top is a tighetr fit, same design but much quiter than the 2004. Dashis nicer, and it has some tech-CD changer, Bluetooth, built in compass/temp, p/w, p/l, remote entry...

Engine is much much much smoother. You can def. notice the difference between the inline 4.0 6 and the 3.8 V6.

Bri- I traded in the 2004 Rubi, and I never once used the rubicon aspect of it, so I figured i would save myself the money.

Meeper: 3.21s & Auto. Don't do much off roading, so if i want to move up Ill swap stuff out as it comes available.

OVerall it feels much more like an actuall car than a metal box with axles and an engine. But it is Jeepy enough to make you know your driving one.

And yeah I traded in the red one. I got tired of not having any room for friends or stuff when i went out, and I needed room for a beach cart for next season. I loved the jeep, and wanted to stay with one, so it was only fitting.

I'll get some better pics tomorrow and after I get my windshield bumpstop back(bastard thieves took it w/in the last week from when i first saw it on the lot).

Overall very happy, lower insurance, higher payment, but more comfort, versatility, civility( i sorta missed that haha) and of course room for more friends.
    Last edited by Pettee; 10-10-2006 at 11:14 PM.

dislikes so far:

there the first True Jeep (wrangler type) other than the postal service Jeeps that have the OPTION, if you will, of being 2 wheel drive...

don't like the ALL plastic fenders, what a waste..

the weak 3.8 litre

NO rocker panel protection! there is no longer a lip at the botom of the entry ways, and the rocker goes way low

2 stage top

Interior room, and style

front bumper

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1300 View Post
    dislikes so far:

there the first True Jeep (wrangler type) other than the postal service Jeeps that have the OPTION, if you will, of being 2 wheel drive...

don't like the ALL plastic fenders, what a waste..

the weak 3.8 litre

NO rocker panel protection! there is no longer a lip at the botom of the entry ways, and the rocker goes way low

2 stage top

Interior room, and style

front bumper
    Aint kiddin on the 2x4 thing. When i saw that on Jeeps website I couldn't believe they would do that. Blapshemous(sp). But, trying to appeal to a larger variety of buyers i think. Sort of like the Porsche Cayenne(which tows like 8000 lbs for some reason?) and theyre new 4 door concept car.

Rocker thing is pretty dead on too. Im sure the aftermarket will step up. Already made some lifts for it im eyein...

Same for fenders..could have used some metal in there such as the TJ's did. Im eyein Bushwacker fenders for it as well....

3.8 is atcually more powerfull than the inline 4.0 from before. Just smaller.

+1
    pettee are you so sure about the 3.21s, because autos are only supposed to be available with 4.10s, you should check your window sticker please....

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    pettee are you so sure about the 3.21s, because autos are only supposed to be available with 4.10s, you should check your window sticker please....

My error man. Your right. I Was all excited yesterday and dint read things right.

+1
    sweet....i drove a two door and didnt like it, i think for the money the 4 door is a much better deal if you go new...i want to get the manual trans though and sahara model with body color flares i cant stand the gray things....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information