Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

Angry iCatch........and RELEASE!!!!

AND I WAS USING THE SAFETY CABLE!!!! Taking it to dealer tomorrow, but not sure what my real options are. That thing hit the pavement pretty hard and as far as I'm concerned, when any watercraft does that, it is totaled. Will keep everybody updated.

PS: the machine was sluggish; barely hitting 8000 rpm on the tach and I was almost out accelerated by a Honda Aquatrax. So I guess it's running rich maybe, but that doesn't matter as I am going to try to punt this machine (and the trailer) back to the dealer if possible!

Advice????? Insurance Claim????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0725001634.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	206912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0725001634b.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	206913  

+1
    OUCH...
    sorry to see this happened to you; did the safety cable snap or what?
    I have heard those new Sea-Doo trailers have a problem.
    Definitely contact your insurance.

+1
    Cable did not snap. It's a very tough fit through the hook eye on the ski and very hard to see. So it appears that it did not go through the eye. Nonetheless, it should not have come disconnected.......on a flat surface!!!! (Go figure that one) I had the hook readjusted and it seemed to do the trick. Everytime I load the ski, I put it in Reverse to see if the Catch is hooked. This time was no different.

I will be at the dealer tomorrow to have the damage surveyed and to see what can be done. I will email pics of this to Sea Doo, Karavan and Consumer Reports.

+1
    Couldn't find a BRP email, but I did email Karavan and Consumer Reports using the 'Safety issue' option that should go straight to the Editor.

Sorry to hear that - bummed to see your RXT iS sitting on the ground. But Sea Doo makes some tough ass hulls so I doubt you have any hull damage beyone scratches. I had my Kawi Xi come off the trailer back in 94 and it didn't cause much damage...I would double check the ride plate/pump etc real good though to make sure there isn't anything wrong there...

I guess the recall fix of the safety cable isn't safe enough - if you can't see it clear enough to ensure it's connected, it's not good enough...

good luck and keep us posted...

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    There is no way in hell that I would ever own a roller bunk trailer

+1
    Where is that ramp, looks familiar but I can't remember...

+1
    Moss Park. Heading to dealer in a bit. Ironically, it's the place where it came off last time, but that was the day I had a "funny feeling" and tied a dock line through the hook. Think I posted those pics in the other guy's thread about his ski coming off the trailer. The dealer moved the catch assembly to another bolt hole and that seemed to do the trick, plus I had the cable installed during my 10hr service. Obviously, that didn't do the trick...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    Moss Park. Heading to dealer in a bit. Ironically, it's the place where it came off last time, but that was the day I had a "funny feeling" and tied a dock line through the hook. Think I posted those pics in the other guy's thread about his ski coming off the trailer. The dealer moved the catch assembly to another bolt hole and that seemed to do the trick, plus I had the cable installed during my 10hr service. Obviously, that didn't do the trick...
    First off i am sorry to see this happen to your IS.

But Second Each and everytime I pull my 10k+ Seadoo around I pull them up far enough for me to get my strap on the back before I pull it out of the water. I have never trusted a regular trailer much less that I catch crap. If people would just start to use a strap on the back of any trailer this would not happen.

I know it doesn't help this situation as what is done is done, but for future towing put a strap on the back before you go anywhere.

+1
    Dealer has the ski and they are going to do what they can under the warranty approach for now. I am the only one that has bought one of those trailers from here and the dealer told me that they will no longer sell them and send back any they have in stock. He called the regional Sea Doo rep today as well. They're bringing in a glass guy to take a look at the hull to see if it's cracked. The ride plate and bucket reverser are wasted.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information