Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Have you ever wanted to race but never did?

How would you like to race an offshore race, in the Gulf of Mexico, with whatever you own to race? Sort of like a Mudbug with an endurance race?

There would be a class just for your situation plus racers just like you in those classes. Got a buddy grudge? Lets do a race of endurance on your jetski..not a 300 miler or anything crazy, just maybe 20-30 miles in the Gulf..plus a crawfish boil..all the usual suspects, trophies, prizes, friends...some jetski Legends to hang out with. Jetski trail rides through our intercoastal waterways..Hooter's girls sleep over in your rooms etc..

It'll be nominal fees to enter..cheaper rates because it will be the 1st of November 2011?

Who would be interested?

Yup..we got something brewing here (Jerry and I) and need to know if anyone is interested? You want have to race the actual racers, they will have their own classes. You will race guys and girls just like you.

if only i was closer!... i would love to race in a race with just us normal hobby skiers alike.....

need to have a race like that here in the uk!

ian

I think it would be fun! Depending on exactly when/where I might be interested... How warm is the water at that time? I was at the Shrimp Fest in Gulf Shores, AL last Oct and the water was very nice.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    I'm down for that. Sounds like an awesome idea.

+1
    Location of event??? Id get down on that!!!!

+1
    Destin/Ft. Walton bch. first of November 2011...racers and never racers is gonna be the venue. I've had some Pro racer friends who have always wnated to go to Mudbug but because there was no race, there was no interest. Now..we've had a few people in the past always wanted to race but never did. I don't care if your 15 or 60 years old..racing is an absolute blast and there should be a chance to do it if you love skis.

I've got a couple of Legends in racing that are definitely up for it if we do it..but I need a couple hundred of my jetski friends to say they wanna do this. We need to see interest in it for this to happen.

+1
    1+

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    if only i was closer!... i would love to race in a race with just us normal hobby skiers alike.....

need to have a race like that here in the uk!

ian
    I know Ian..racing is flat out fun,,an offshore race is just go in a circle and don't fall off. to have friends/mates go race an enduro with their skis, stock or not will be fun.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouseekay View Post
    I think it would be fun! Depending on exactly when/where I might be interested... How warm is the water at that time? I was at the Shrimp Fest in Gulf Shores, AL last Oct and the water was very nice.

Water is still warm even in November..the air temps will be 60's at night, 70's in the day..jacket weather for us Floridians..but the tourist will be gone and this wll bejust us jetskiers here..the whole white sand beaches and warm water is ours. It will be great fun..I promise. We've had November get-togethers for 7 or 8 years down here and they have all been fun..why not have a race with Mudbuggers? It's up to everyone here to decide whether this is a go.

Dont forget the Hydrodrags are Nov 6-7 Mike.. If its not that weekend ill try and make it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information