+1

A little fun with a couple RXT 255s

Feel free to move this to General Discussion...but this does involve my 2-stroke GPR's performance...

On the lake the past weekend, I ran into 2 2008 RXT 255s, on separate occasions. I came up on one doing about 35 in moderate chop (1 foot boat wakes mostly), we met up and gassed it. We ran dead nuts even for about 1/4 mile...I was trim neutral given the chop, and was surprised he didn't smoke me.

2nd meeting was on a different lake. Our lake (Tippecanoe) connects to 7 other lakes via a creek, with a lock in the middle. all but the furthest one are 10mph speed limit small lakes, and after a nice ride we reach Big Barbee lake where there is no speed limit.

Low and behold, I run into another RXT 255, same year (silver with orange highlights), and we meet up and talk for a bit. His is stock, mine is, well, see my signature.

We go from a dig, and of course he kills me off the line, I expected that. But after his jump he never really pulled on me much, maybe 1 MPH faster in a bit less chop than the 1st encounter. We then decided to run from around 20 (on plane at least), he gets a bit of a jump but I stayed right with him, didn't pull on him but didn't lose any ground either.
    He was a cool guy though, we shot the sh*t for a bit before parting ways

Given my lack of engine mods besides the D plate, shouldn't these guys be smoking me? Do I have a "ringer"? I know I did a 67 GPS but that was a peak reading and most averages on my GPS are around 65. I don't know the top speed of the RXT 255, as I have kind of been out of the new 4 stroke scene for a while, I only know GPRs and what they can do, and of course my trusty SuperJet.

Side note, that SJ's power to weight ratio is insane, I beat my Dad's heavily modded GPR out of the hole every time, that thing will out accelerate RXPs, Ultra 250s, etc. I have done it. Sure they pass me around 30 MPH, but it's still funny to see the looks on their faces when their big bad 250 HP skis get killed off the line by a stand up...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cmgww View Post
    Feel free to move this to General Discussion...but this does involve my 2-stroke GPR's performance...

On the lake the past weekend, I ran into 2 2008 RXT 255s, on separate occasions. I came up on one doing about 35 in moderate chop (1 foot boat wakes mostly), we met up and gassed it. We ran dead nuts even for about 1/4 mile...I was trim neutral given the chop, and was surprised he didn't smoke me.

2nd meeting was on a different lake. Our lake (Tippecanoe) connects to 7 other lakes via a creek, with a lock in the middle. all but the furthest one are 10mph speed limit small lakes, and after a nice ride we reach Big Barbee lake where there is no speed limit.

Low and behold, I run into another RXT 255, same year (silver with orange highlights), and we meet up and talk for a bit. His is stock, mine is, well, see my signature.

We go from a dig, and of course he kills me off the line, I expected that. But after his jump he never really pulled on me much, maybe 1 MPH faster in a bit less chop than the 1st encounter. We then decided to run from around 20 (on plane at least), he gets a bit of a jump but I stayed right with him, didn't pull on him but didn't lose any ground either.
    He was a cool guy though, we shot the sh*t for a bit before parting ways

Given my lack of engine mods besides the D plate, shouldn't these guys be smoking me? Do I have a "ringer"? I know I did a 67 GPS but that was a peak reading and most averages on my GPS are around 65. I don't know the top speed of the RXT 255, as I have kind of been out of the new 4 stroke scene for a while, I only know GPRs and what they can do, and of course my trusty SuperJet.

Side note, that SJ's power to weight ratio is insane, I beat my Dad's heavily modded GPR out of the hole every time, that thing will out accelerate RXPs, Ultra 250s, etc. I have done it. Sure they pass me around 30 MPH, but it's still funny to see the looks on their faces when their big bad 250 HP skis get killed off the line by a stand up...

yeah those stand ups will smoke you out of the hole lol.....at least the first 20 ft, anyway getting down to business ,Yep I ride with a 08 RXP the silver/orange, we run all the time, my ski's set up for holeshot, we come out together, but he always pulls me by 1 ski.He has only an up pitched prop ,riva intake and riva rideplate,no additional boost or intercooler.I have the jetworks/leo holeshot besides a strong accel. set up, but I have to admit, that RXP out of the hole "pulls your heart" forward, tremendous accel. off the line.If you can hold your own with him thats fine,its tough to beat a supercharger like the RXP without porting.....

Thread Information