Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Red face new girl question

hi guys can i have some help please,just bought a 2005 gp1300r with 38 hours,it has a e.f.i fitted but only on the standard prop,dont want to mess with the engine so heads is a no go for me, with the e.f.i. fitted will it be ok to fit the dyna prop as i have one in the deal(in box new) but guy says without heads the ski will loose all bottom end,or sould i take the e.f.i unit off and get better fuel economy..only problem i can see is i have a d plate fitted and dont know if you can have d plate and no e.f.i. thanks for any help, will get ski looked over and post over stuff its had done.. p.s should it always beep when started until i press the reset

You can leave the EFI controler on but the 14/20 Dyna fly will probibly be to much for a stock 1300. You are correct it will hurt your bottom and may even hurt your top end performance. Leaving the EFI controler though won't hurt anything if you don't want to increase any of the stock fuel settings you can just leave all the pots set to there lowest setting which is the same as a stock 1300.

+1
    i have an 05 and the dynafly works excellent for me. i also have the efi controller, but it is disconnected. right now it just doesnt need it. i say get the dynafly, get a resistor chip(this takes the place of the exhaust temp sensor)thats why it beeps. and enjoy
    Last edited by SUCKMYWAKE; 10-11-2006 at 05:50 AM.

suckmywake

thanks for reply..are you saying you have no engine mods and still got good bottom end,been reading on here last two hours and lots say the dyna does not work on a stock engine..is yours stock..also loads of threads about the 05 not needing a chip as it does not work on the 05..wonder if there are other makes i can put on stock engine scat ect,why have you disconnected the e.f.i does it use loads more petrol.. i dont have any spanner knowledge so will have to look to you nice guys for advice...

now i am confused,conflicting answers.

+1
    I have an 06 with a stock motor turning a 14/20 dynafly at 7150 rpms. I have d plate and fernando reeds in my ski, thats it. It accelerates hard and has great mid range, top end is at around 70/71 mph.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Welcome to the Forum

Red face shooter

wow thanks.so can i get rid of the e.f.i and where can i get reeds (just found out what they are) thanks forum and how much would a good set cost and where from...

Since you already have the efi controller and d-plate the easiest and cheapest thing to do would keep the efi on and replace the factory air box with a high flow flame arrestor and put the dynafly prop on. My ski turned the dynafly just fine with those mods.

Later you could add the reeds for even more power and rpms.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamigirl View Post
    hi guys can i have some help please,just bought a 2005 gp1300r with 38 hours,it has a e.f.i fitted but only on the standard prop,dont want to mess with the engine so heads is a no go for me, with the e.f.i. fitted will it be ok to fit the dyna prop as i have one in the deal(in box new) but guy says without heads the ski will loose all bottom end,or sould i take the e.f.i unit off and get better fuel economy..only problem i can see is i have a d plate fitted and dont know if you can have d plate and no e.f.i. thanks for any help, will get ski looked over and post over stuff its had done.. p.s should it always beep when started until i press the reset
    You may want to let them know what elevation you're running at. This can make a huge difference whether your current setup will turn that prop or not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information