Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can I borrow a 4Tec driveshaft removal tool? Someone help me out!

I'll pay all shipping. I did my RXP no problem replacing the carbon ring setup. But I can not get the support hat far enough back on the RXT to install the c-clip. I about had a heart attack trying to do it. The new bellow is a lot more stiff.

Let me know if someone can help me out or provide tips on how to do it.

I put the pump on with a socket inside the prop to act as a spacer to force the drive shaft forward when I bolted the pump to the ski. I tried pulling back on the support ring but I could only get it back a few CM. The new bellow along with the new o-rings make it impossible to slide the support ring back far enough.

Any ideas?

crow bar and a block of wood against the Motor(leverage)...and another set of hands....be cafeful when using the socket after I had pulled mine out(using the Socket trick) I had managed to push it to far in and broke the Rubber grommet off the end of the shaft...easy enough to get it out but not sure what the damage might be if it broke off pushing it back in......Usually if you can force it back that first 10mm it frees up a bit...In my experiance anyway

+1
    Kieth before I had the tool I would use a large sized open end wrench and a cut piece of 2x4 behind the wrench. It is basically the same thing as the tool, but the tool is all one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Kieth before I had the tool I would use a large sized open end wrench and a cut piece of 2x4 behind the wrench. It is basically the same thing as the tool, but the tool is all one piece.
    I guess I can try that tonight. With this method, do I still need to put a spacer inside the prop to keep the drive shaft forward in the motor?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    I guess I can try that tonight. With this method, do I still need to put a spacer inside the prop to keep the drive shaft forward in the motor?
    would make it easier

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post

Yes!

It goes back a few MM and then just stops. It's almost like it is hitting something. I tried using a metal block between the motor and over sized crescent wrench with zero luck. I was using so much force I could see the motor moving slighty forward on its mounts.

Any other ideas?

I tried putting the old support hat on and again no luck. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I took the drive shaft out and was able to push both the new and old support ring onto the drive shaft. It was a very tight fit but I was able to do it. No idea why I can't do it with the support ring and drive shaft in the ski.

try putting a little grease on the inner oring of support ring.(I'm assuming you got oem orings). sounds like it is getting caught in the groove where the clip goes into. if that doesn't work, remove the driveshaft and try sliding ring pass the point where it's stuck at now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information