+1

RXT - Low vibrating rumble. No speed. Help?

Posted this in the General section but didn't get much response...This is probably a better place for it.

Attempted to go for a ride today and immediately had problems. The biggest thing I noticed right away was the sound. The ski seemed to shake just a bit, and the motor had a much lower muffled sound to it.

Self diagnosis notes:

- Last ran two days ago. Ran perfect, flushed when finished.
    - Oil level is fine.
    - Plugs are perfect
    - Ski is bone stock
    - Prop is clear of any debris. Although the ski seemed to shake just a bit, it was definitely not from something being jammed in the prop. To be honest, the ski might not have even been shaking at all. It just "felt" different with the low muffled sound.
    - Was not moving as fast as it should've been at the different RPM levels I tested it at.
    - Supercharger was rebuilt just 20 hours ago. Should be fine.

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

-TheEngineer

You have weeds stuck in your intake grate. You cant get to it with out getting off and into the water. If it is clear you probably sucked up a rock or something. Check your wear ring and impeller.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by haleyscomet View Post
    You have weeds stuck in your intake grate. You cant get to it with out getting off and into the water. If it is clear you probably sucked up a rock or something. Check your wear ring and impeller.
    I don't think it's something with the pump/prop. It didn't have the same vibration that I usually feel when there is a stick or something stuck in there. Shined the flash light into the pump tunnel and pump last night and didn't see anything. Something with the motor actually sounds different. It has like a low-bass grumble to it. The strange thing is that it rode perfectly two days earlier, was fine when flushing, and then the problem started immediately the next time I launched and started it up.

I just posted this in another thread, but something to check out. My charger had 45 hrs after a rebuild at the time.

My ski had similar symptoms a few weeks ago, started as a small vibration, rubbing sound that gradually got worse. I thought for sure it was the pump bearing going bad, turns out it was a supercharger bearing. 145 hrs on ski at the time, fixed under warranty.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...e-from-sc-area

Thread Information