Loud rattle from engine compartment- wave venture 1100 Diagnosis help needed!!!!

I just bought a wave venture 1100 about 3 weeks ago, and I noticed a new rattle/noise from the engine compartment the last time out. Please help with the diagnosis. Here is what I know so far:
    1. motor is only 50 hours old or so
    2. compression is good on all cylinders (just checked, it has not changed since I bought the ski)
    3. impeller/driveshaft drive line all appears to be OK
    4. The noise gets much louder at low rpm, and seems to diminish or even disappear at higher rpm.
    5. The motor shakes around a lot at low rpm, and smooths out at higher rpm, but I can't tell if the noise is inside the motor (e.g., bad bearing), or something outside, but I don't know what it could be. That motor compartment is so tight that I can't see anything!
    6. Probably unrelated, but sometimes the ski will not start (no click or anything), but if I jiggle the ground and red battery wires (I can't even see where they go in the motor compartment!), it will fire right up.
    Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I don't know what to do next.

Crestview, Florida, United States
    Have you tried greasing the drive bearing? mine was making a rattle also and thats what my problem was.

Thanks. I had done that when I first got the boat (a couple of weeks ago), but I'll hit it again. I don't think it had ever been greased before. When I pull the intake grate, I can't feel any free play in the drive shaft.

Does it rattle in the water and out? I'm having a similar issue with my wave raider 760 and it only does it while in the water.

Orange, TX
    It's possible intermediate driveshaft coupler and PTO coupler are touching because the rubber dampner that fits between the couplers maybe destroyed. If you can reach under the intermediate shaft with your hand you may find big pieces of black rubber laying under there. However, I would think you would be also experience some major vibration to go along with this rattle. Another thing to check would be where the side of the exhaust bolts to the bracket that bolts to the head. Make sure all these bolts are tight and the bracket is not cracked. Items 60-62 in the link below is where I am talking about.

Rattle is gone, but I'm not sure what I did. I greased the two fittings mounted on the motor, removed and reinstalled the grate to check for free play in the shaft, and went over the various bolts that accessible on the drive assembly, Had it out on the lake again today for several hours and it ran great with no unpleasant noises!!!!

Thread Information