PWC Insurance Questions

Just wondering if anyone who has had the insurance has ever used it.. I'm thinking of purchasing it via Progressive its like $220 for the year but I was wondering just exactly that it covers, and if you claim the ski do they actually cover all of it, and at what values?

Just more or less seeing if its worth buying it. I mean do I have to sink it, or does it cover a blown motor, etc.

Thanks for the input, I would love to her stories, hopefully good ones!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by angelico View Post
    Just wondering if anyone who has had the insurance has ever used it.. I'm thinking of purchasing it via Progressive its like $220 for the year but I was wondering just exactly that it covers, and if you claim the ski do they actually cover all of it, and at what values?

Just more or less seeing if its worth buying it. I mean do I have to sink it, or does it cover a blown motor, etc.

Thanks for the input, I would love to her stories, hopefully good ones!

pwc insurance is like car insurance.. if you blow your motor thats not covered.. if your getting full coverage.. itcovers stuff like if it was stolen.. if you crashed some ones boat.. recovery of that ski if it sank due damage..and so on.. make sure your limits are good.. if you cause damage to some one else and put them int he hospital your going to want high limits.. say your limits are at 100k as soon as you reac that.. then your done and the person you hit will come after you for the rest..

is it worth it? well whats your ski? how much is it worth? they wil give you market value of the ski.. i will be putting liablitity only on my ski.. and just remeber if you claim something it goes against you just like it would with a car claim.. and then your insurance goes up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by angelico View Post
    You need to pose those questions to your insurer, also consider Markel Marine.
    Yes you need insurance; see my comments on it here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ur-New-Sea-Doo...

+1
    I use progressive, through my primary insurance USAA (USAA dows not cover powersports, so they farm out to progressive). I pay $116/yr for a rxp and rxt. I have never had a calim, but they are always quick to answer the phone when I call to renew. They offer disounts if you pay your premium in full, and for a boaters saftey course.

same opinion, have progressive but i pay more than the guy above me here... Florida
    full coverage on 2 ski's 400 a year ish.
    i worry more about liability and medical than I do the ski's themselves.
    any other florida people that hear the friggen morgan and morgan ads every day should realize this.. people sue for the smallest thing these days but they ask for a bunch of bling !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spimothy Leary View Post
    same opinion, have progressive but i pay more than the guy above me here... Florida
    full coverage on 2 ski's 400 a year ish.
    i worry more about liability and medical than I do the ski's themselves.
    any other florida people that hear the friggen morgan and morgan ads every day should realize this.. people sue for the smallest thing these days but they ask for a bunch of bling !
    +1 on people being "sue-happy" these days.

Forgot to say I'm only paying for liability. I figure if something does happen to the ski, I'm crafty enough to nurse her back to health.

I'm also in Ohio, and we only get about 1 good week of riding in here LOL... (2 if you count mudbug!)

Thread Information