Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Last mod, C1 with a boost clamp.

Im looking to finish my mods and dont want to get into changing injectors or burning a piston so I'm leaning twoard a C1 with a boost clamp. I thought about the B1 but I'm worried about getting into fuel issues. Thoughts pls...

+1
    Well , the Riva Stage 2 kit has a boost clamp , RRFPR and E1!

It should be a issue at all.

+1
    Well , the Riva Stage 2 kit has a boost clamp , RRFPR and E1!

It should be a issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    Im looking to finish my mods and dont want to get into changing injectors or burning a piston so I'm leaning twoard a C1 with a boost clamp. I thought about the B1 but I'm worried about getting into fuel issues. Thoughts pls...
    I would go with a reflash instead of the boost clamp to take advantage of power gains by advancing ignition timing. This is a very safe way of harnessing the power that Yamaha left on the table.

Went with the C1 wheel for the very same reason. I am very happy with the performance of my ski. Pulls like mofo. I am very tempted to go with a B1 but I have to remind myself that I purchased the ski to ride and enjoy and not to race and constantly try to go faster. With the C1 I have a very fast and reliable ski.

This weekend was the first weekend in a long time that I was able to enjoy the ride instead of listening for cavitation, analyzing the ride characteristics etc. Build your ski to the point where you can feel comfortable taking it on long rides and enjoy the reward of your hard work and hard earned $.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    Interested in hearing replies on this as I myself am looking at going this route ^^

I also thought about the R1/R2 with a C1............

Just want to ride.
    +1
    If you're looking to save cash, you should be fine with that setup, the CFM spacer (like $70) and the boost clamp. Use premium fuel and R&D says you're good to go. You get full boost, and the ECU is rich enough to compensate -

Have you talked to them? Might be worth the call to discuss what you want to accomplish with the R&D guys just to be safe - better than 'taking someone's word for it' and wishing you hadn't later.......

Good luck!
    Sean

I am also going down this path I have the Riva stage1 kit plus Riva BOV,C1 wheel arrived today waiting on the Boost clamp plus a new modded ride plate from Jim's Performance,will be interesting to see how it all goes,will let you now when I have the other parts all put on

cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargedTaco View Post
    I would go with a reflash instead of the boost clamp to take advantage of power gains by advancing ignition timing. This is a very safe way of harnessing the power that Yamaha left on the table.

Went with the C1 wheel for the very same reason. I am very happy with the performance of my ski. Pulls like mofo. I am very tempted to go with a B1 but I have to remind myself that I purchased the ski to ride and enjoy and not to race and constantly try to go faster. With the C1 I have a very fast and reliable ski.

This weekend was the first weekend in a long time that I was able to enjoy the ride instead of listening for cavitation, analyzing the ride characteristics etc. Build your ski to the point where you can feel comfortable taking it on long rides and enjoy the reward of your hard work and hard earned $.
    I agree with this guy. Reflash and a C1 wheel is a pretty kick ass setup and you won't need to worry about the powershot and fuel pressure regulators. Keep it simple because it sounds like that is what you truly want.

+1
    After installing the $300 LC-1, I wouldn't want to run a ski without one.

I went with a C3 and then the R2 when it came out. I am really happy with this setup with my stock prop. Cavitation out of the hole but top-end is right where I want it at 8400 RPM's.

However, I'm also running a Powershot and a Riva FPR (static). Am happy with my AFR's too.

My .02.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Cavitation out of the hole but top-end is right where I want it at 8400 RPM's.

However, I'm also running a Powershot and a Riva FPR (static). Am happy with my AFR's too.
    And how fast is that now? You ready for a rematch son???!!?11

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information