Question New to forum with Question

I have two 08 FX HO Waverunners that we bought new in 2008. I've done the oil changes, spark plug changes and winterized myself. One ski idles about 300-400 rpm faster than the other. I haven't dug in to look and see if there is a mechanical idle adjustment so I thought I would ask the question here first. I want to increase the idle to match the faster one, which is idling around 1700-1800 rpm and a real smooth idle. The other one is around 1400 and idles a little more rough.

Also the air filter elements never look dirty, just wondered about change intervals. I've only got about 50 hrs on both skis at the moment.

Thanks,

Bennie

Quote Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
    I have two 08 FX HO Waverunners that we bought new in 2008. I've done the oil changes, spark plug changes and winterized myself. One ski idles about 300-400 rpm faster than the other. I haven't dug in to look and see if there is a mechanical idle adjustment so I thought I would ask the question here first. I want to increase the idle to match the faster one, which is idling around 1700-1800 rpm and a real smooth idle. The other one is around 1400 and idles a little more rough.

Also the air filter elements never look dirty, just wondered about change intervals. I've only got about 50 hrs on both skis at the moment.

Thanks,

Bennie
    Idle is controlled by the ECU assuming everything else is correct such as plugs. Air filter change interval I have no idea, but I imagine it is in the Users Manual.

Thread Information