Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: R2 Reflash

Pole rider and couch speed freak!

R2 Reflash

This seems to be the common one.

Has anyone posted performance #s from just this reflash?

I am looking at a filter, ribbon removal, and exhaust kit to start, then maybe a wheel or reflash. I want a reliable, simple 75 or so.............

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip clemmons View Post

I am looking at a filter, ribbon removal, and exhaust kit to start, then maybe a wheel or reflash. I want a reliable, simple 75 or so.............
    You can do 75 safely and reliably with the stock boost wheel and a reflash. Throw the reflash in and enjoy anywhere from a 3-5 mph gain depending on the supporting mods.

Filter, ribbon removal, and exhaust are a good start for supporting mods and are all available in the online store. Don't forget the discount code!

the r2 is definetly the way to go. I have been banging my head against the wall for the last three months trying to get my ski tuned right. I added the r2 2 weeks ago and instantly saw a 2 to 3 mile gain. I did switch back to the stock prop. I had the 13/22 dynafly on and couldn't get my rpms up. after putting the stock prop back on and doing several tests i had to pitch the prop just a little, but the end result is roughly 72 to 73 depending on humidity.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skewman View Post
    the r2 is definetly the way to go. I have been banging my head against the wall for the last three months trying to get my ski tuned right. I added the r2 2 weeks ago and instantly saw a 2 to 3 mile gain. I did switch back to the stock prop. I had the 13/22 dynafly on and couldn't get my rpms up. after putting the stock prop back on and doing several tests i had to pitch the prop just a little, but the end result is roughly 72 to 73 depending on humidity.
    Now get Jim's mod done to your stock SHO rideplate and enjoy another 2.7 mph gain.

Hitman, if i get jim to modify my stock fzr plate i'm gonna see another 2mph?

Quote Originally Posted by philip clemmons View Post

I currently have the ribbon removed and an air filter with a stock shimmed VX plate. Best I have seen was a hair over 71. I have the R2 now and will test it with just those mods as above....I will let you know.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skewman View Post
    Hitman, if i get jim to modify my stock fzr plate i'm gonna see another 2mph?
    No. Not the stock FZR plate. I was under the impression you had a SHO because that's what was in your profile. Jim's mod to the stock SHO rideplate produces a 2.7mph gain.

St.Lawrence Seaway Baandit pscribne's Avatar
    How much porpoising do you get with Jims plate mod. I'll keep my 2mph to avoid porpoising. Thanks. I have a SHO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pscribne View Post
    How much porpoising do you get with Jims plate mod. I'll keep my 2mph to avoid porpoising. Thanks. I have a SHO.
    My ski bounced before Jim's mod. And since his mod, it still bounces about the same as it always did, but I picked up 2.7 mph.

I'm telling you, it 's one of the best "bang for your buck" mods. It breaks down to about $100 per mile an hour. Tell me what other mod gives you that.

The next best "bang for you buck" mod has been the reflash. 3 mph on a stock motor, and even more than that with supporting bolt ons.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    You can do 75 safely and reliably with the stock boost wheel and a reflash. Throw the reflash in and enjoy anywhere from a 3-5 mph gain depending on the supporting mods.

Filter, ribbon removal, and exhaust are a good start for supporting mods and are all available in the online store. Don't forget the discount code!
    Would you then need to run Premium with the R2 reflash and stock wheel ??, this is where i'm up to ...ribbon , intake , exhaust , BOV , now wanting to order R2 + Jims plate ( offshore cut ) + riva water box .

Would like to stick to standard unleaded if that's possible with the R2 .

Cheers .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information