Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: R2 Reflash

  1. #1
    Pole rider and couch speed freak!
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    87

    R2 Reflash

    This seems to be the common one.

    Has anyone posted performance #s from just this reflash?

    I am looking at a filter, ribbon removal, and exhaust kit to start, then maybe a wheel or reflash. I want a reliable, simple 75 or so.............


  2. #2
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by philip clemmons View Post
    This seems to be the common one.

    Has anyone posted performance #s from just this reflash?

    I am looking at a filter, ribbon removal, and exhaust kit to start, then maybe a wheel or reflash. I want a reliable, simple 75 or so.............
    You can do 75 safely and reliably with the stock boost wheel and a reflash. Throw the reflash in and enjoy anywhere from a 3-5 mph gain depending on the supporting mods.

    Filter, ribbon removal, and exhaust are a good start for supporting mods and are all available in the online store. Don't forget the discount code!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Aiken SC
    Posts
    57
    the r2 is definetly the way to go. I have been banging my head against the wall for the last three months trying to get my ski tuned right. I added the r2 2 weeks ago and instantly saw a 2 to 3 mile gain. I did switch back to the stock prop. I had the 13/22 dynafly on and couldn't get my rpms up. after putting the stock prop back on and doing several tests i had to pitch the prop just a little, but the end result is roughly 72 to 73 depending on humidity.

  4. #4
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by skewman View Post
    the r2 is definetly the way to go. I have been banging my head against the wall for the last three months trying to get my ski tuned right. I added the r2 2 weeks ago and instantly saw a 2 to 3 mile gain. I did switch back to the stock prop. I had the 13/22 dynafly on and couldn't get my rpms up. after putting the stock prop back on and doing several tests i had to pitch the prop just a little, but the end result is roughly 72 to 73 depending on humidity.
    Now get Jim's mod done to your stock SHO rideplate and enjoy another 2.7 mph gain.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Aiken SC
    Posts
    57
    Hitman, if i get jim to modify my stock fzr plate i'm gonna see another 2mph?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by philip clemmons View Post
    This seems to be the common one.

    Has anyone posted performance #s from just this reflash?

    I am looking at a filter, ribbon removal, and exhaust kit to start, then maybe a wheel or reflash. I want a reliable, simple 75 or so.............
    I currently have the ribbon removed and an air filter with a stock shimmed VX plate. Best I have seen was a hair over 71. I have the R2 now and will test it with just those mods as above....I will let you know.....

  7. #7
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by skewman View Post
    Hitman, if i get jim to modify my stock fzr plate i'm gonna see another 2mph?
    No. Not the stock FZR plate. I was under the impression you had a SHO because that's what was in your profile. Jim's mod to the stock SHO rideplate produces a 2.7mph gain.

  8. #8
    St.Lawrence Seaway Baandit pscribne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stowe,VT
    Posts
    26
    How much porpoising do you get with Jims plate mod. I'll keep my 2mph to avoid porpoising. Thanks. I have a SHO.

  9. #9
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by pscribne View Post
    How much porpoising do you get with Jims plate mod. I'll keep my 2mph to avoid porpoising. Thanks. I have a SHO.
    My ski bounced before Jim's mod. And since his mod, it still bounces about the same as it always did, but I picked up 2.7 mph.

    I'm telling you, it 's one of the best "bang for your buck" mods. It breaks down to about $100 per mile an hour. Tell me what other mod gives you that.

    The next best "bang for you buck" mod has been the reflash. 3 mph on a stock motor, and even more than that with supporting bolt ons.

  10. #10
    08SHOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    151
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    You can do 75 safely and reliably with the stock boost wheel and a reflash. Throw the reflash in and enjoy anywhere from a 3-5 mph gain depending on the supporting mods.

    Filter, ribbon removal, and exhaust are a good start for supporting mods and are all available in the online store. Don't forget the discount code!
    Would you then need to run Premium with the R2 reflash and stock wheel ??, this is where i'm up to ...ribbon , intake , exhaust , BOV , now wanting to order R2 + Jims plate ( offshore cut ) + riva water box .

    Would like to stick to standard unleaded if that's possible with the R2 .

    Cheers .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help... down on speed with r2 reflash
    By wave15stx in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
  2. Fastest top speed with an R2 reflash?
    By Antiguan FZR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 06:49 PM
  3. Results of R&D R2 Reflash
    By HighVelocity in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 11:39 AM
  4. R1 and R2 reflash up to date reflash specs
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 08:56 AM
  5. FS FZR ECU with R2 reflash and reflashed powershot
    By 556SBR in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 11:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •