Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: FZR Prop

  1. #1
    Pole rider and couch speed freak!
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    87

    FZR Prop

    So Ive looked at Jerrys thread, and see where he played with pitching the prop for the exhaust, intake, and intake sleeve mods.

    If I do these mods, what pitch prop works well? Is the RIVA prop anything special? I am an impros dealer and get good service from Dave, but will the off the shelf 13/22 Dynafly work with these mods, or will it need more?


  2. #2
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    55
    with those mods and a dynafly 13/22r my fzr would hit the limiter on hole shot and it brought down the rpms to around 7500, i re-pitched it to 14/20 and now it doesnt hit the limiter out the hole and my rpm's are perfect at 7700.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    with those mods and a dynafly 13/22r my fzr would hit the limiter on hole shot and it brought down the rpms to around 7500, i re-pitched it to 14/20 and now it doesnt hit the limiter out the hole and my rpm's are perfect at 7700.
    Did you notice any top speed gain when you went from 7500 to 7700rpms?

    Lou

  4. #4
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post
    Did you notice any top speed gain when you went from 7500 to 7700rpms?

    Lou

    didnt have a gps out, was only dialing in the prop by rpm's and my test pilot was in a hurry to leave, lol. ive only been cruising around since my injury so cant do my own back to back tests yet.

    but for reference, last time i installed a 13/24 re-pitched stocker on the sho with same mods it went 69 mph @ 7500 rpm's then re-pitched to 13/22 and gained .6 -.7 and rpm's were up to 7700.
    at 7500 rpm's the mid to top end range feels a little sluggish..

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    didnt have a gps out, was only dialing in the prop by rpm's and my test pilot was in a hurry to leave, lol. ive only been cruising around since my injury so cant do my own back to back tests yet.

    but for reference, last time i installed a 13/24 re-pitched stocker on the sho with same mods it went 69 mph @ 7500 rpm's then re-pitched to 13/22 and gained .6 -.7 and rpm's were up to 7700.
    at 7500 rpm's the mid to top end range feels a little sluggish..
    I installed the 13/22 with the pump seal kit (in place of the stock prop). The rpms went down on the stock tach and I gained probably 1 mph but the acceleration did decrease. 0-60 feels slower, 60 on up feels faster. I wasn't able to reset my tiny tach to know what my max rpm is.

    Lou

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD yamaha fzr prop
    By rolo2230 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 05:35 AM
  2. Stock fzr props
    By sdman in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 05:40 PM
  3. stage 1 fzr prop results
    By mikeFZR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 05:27 PM
  4. Fzr prop torque
    By skewman in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 05:54 PM
  5. FZR props...... PROPS!!!!!!!
    By jtskier11 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •