Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

my gprxp project begins....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	midwall removed.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	207162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gphull cleaned.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	207161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hulls.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	207160

really love my rxp's but i wanted to go faster next year so when i came upon a $1500 rxp a friend got on a mechanics lean i decided why not get crazy! bought a 2001 riva factory triple pipe hull from a forum member and here i am started by stripping it all down and air chiseling out the midwall ordered addicteds mounts and a tunnel reinforcement from jerry! here are some of the first pics! ive also removed all of the epoxy holding in the brass nutserts for everything except the trim tabs.. now that they are out do i sand down the hexes? so my new plates sit flush? and should i sand where the midwall was and throw a layer of resin down? please let me know hoping to cut the mounts in tomorrow night!

+1
    Dont forge to remove the inserts for the pump shoe there. If you are using flat stock to mount the ride plate and tabs then you grind it smooth. If not just use the OEM brackets.

On the reinforcement you are better off using flat stock. Carl @ Island has some nice brackets that work depending on the reinforcement kit you are using.

Going to need to figure out a bracket for your Addicted driveshaft. In Beerdarts thread he had an nice example of what he did.

+1
    here is the bracket I was referring to. The holes for the fron of the intake grate are holding the intermediate shaft. The front where the bracket is has to be reinforced anyway.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=driveshaft

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Dont forge to remove the inserts for the pump shoe there. If you are using flat stock to mount the ride plate and tabs then you grind it smooth. If not just use the OEM brackets.

On the reinforcement you are better off using flat stock. Carl @ Island has some nice brackets that work depending on the reinforcement kit you are using.

Going to need to figure out a bracket for your Addicted driveshaft. In Beerdarts thread he had an nice example of what he did.

Im gonna make them out of flat stock.... so tonight ill grind everything down.... is there a need to make brackets for the trim tabs.... arent the stock ones good? i thought the pump shoe ride plate & intake grate were the concerns...

also thanks for the quick link to the shaft support that was the shi#^

+1
    cut out the center hump last night ( what a flippin mess) and marked for the motor mount cut for tonight ( pink lines )... ive been doing all the hull cuts outside on my lawn since my father wont appreciate smc dust on his exotic cars..... tell me if you think its cut down enough? also looking at buying a pump setup this week.... any reccomendations im thinking a skat 12v setback or a seadoo conversion.. i want the ski to beable to get out of the hole and not be a dog... hoping to have the tunnel reinforced by the end of the weekend going to buy some marinetex tonight to glue jerrys reinforcement piece in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cut1.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	207468  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPSTUNNA View Post
    cut out the center hump last night ( what a flippin mess) and marked for the motor mount cut for tonight ( pink lines )... ive been doing all the hull cuts outside on my lawn since my father wont appreciate smc dust on his exotic cars..... tell me if you think its cut down enough? also looking at buying a pump setup this week.... any reccomendations im thinking a skat 12v setback or a seadoo conversion.. i want the ski to beable to get out of the hole and not be a dog... hoping to have the tunnel reinforced by the end of the weekend going to buy some marinetex tonight to glue jerrys reinforcement piece in.
    have somebody hold the vacuum hose right behind your cutting tool. that will produce almost no dust.

+1
    also, drill out the rivets for that mount backing b4 you cut, you need to reuse that!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    also, drill out the rivets for that mount backing b4 you cut, you need to reuse that!
    i know thanks though and i have no friends willing to lend time to shopvac for me they are lazy bastards so i just roll it out and cut away!

+1
    soo i just went to the local marina at lunch for some marine tex to glue in my tunnel reinforcement and they only had a 2 oz bottle..... is that going to be enough? i dont want to get started then realize im screwed....

also what type of fiberglass resin are you using to seal the hull cuts? marine west and some fiberglass cloth? please let me know im new to this and understand some resins wont bond to the yamaha innner hull

+1
    You need epoxy resin to bond to the SMC. I use 5200 or Epoxy resin for the reinforcement. I have never tried the marine tex and 2oz will not be enough.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information