Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 people on a GP1300R?

I am picking up an 03 GP1300R on Saturday and I wanna know if me and my girlfriend can ride on it together..i weigh 180 and she's 125.. it's a stock ski.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mfear View Post
    I am picking up an 03 GP1300R on Saturday and I wanna know if me and my girlfriend can ride on it together..i weigh 180 and she's 125.. it's a stock ski.

Thanks
    Sure you can. I had a 03 RIVA Stage1 GP, so may be different. At certain speeds it would start boucning 30-40 range when just cruising. Other than that a great ski. I miss it.

+1
    id like to know what most say too. my gpr just dropped a piston, my dad and i were riding it. combined weight about 360 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed View Post
    id like to know what most say too. my gpr just dropped a piston, my dad and i were riding it. combined weight about 360 pounds
    probably wasn't from the load..

African-American
    +1
    handles like crap with more than 1 person...
    Last edited by spaceman; 07-29-2010 at 04:54 PM.

That isnt much weight but when i tried to get another person on mine it just decided it would teach us that it wasnt a good idea!

+1
    yeah it likes to bounce and porpoise with my dad and i on it but once its on a plain it doesent seem to stress too much. mine took me and my dad 60 on 2 cylinders

so is it a bad idea to carry 350-370 pounds on it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed View Post
    yeah it likes to bounce and porpoise with my dad and i on it but once its on a plain it doesent seem to stress too much. mine took me and my dad 60 on 2 cylinders

so is it a bad idea to carry 350-370 pounds on it?
    well actually thats the pointit takes longer to get on plane,the pump is too down in the water to work up speed and have the rideplate riding the surface.But hey, its not about speed or performance, a GPR is really a one person race/wavejumping ski.MFEAR,when its a beautiful day out there and she's got her arms around your waist near mr. happy ,just cruise around and have fun....

btw Always have the passenger board from the stern (back) under any circumstances,you'll both get tossed over.The GPR has the grab bar, some skis don't....good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post

well actually thats the pointit takes longer to get on plane,the pump is too down in the water to work up speed and have the rideplate riding the surface.But hey, its not about speed or performance, a GPR is really a one person race/wavejumping ski.MFEAR,when its a beautiful day out there and she's got her arms around your waist near mr. happy ,just cruise around and have fun....

btw Always have the passenger board from the stern (back) under any circumstances,you'll both get tossed over.The GPR has the grab bar, some skis don't....good luck
    hah, thanks for the advice

Think there's extra strain on the pump tunnel with 2 people since the back end will be more submerged than normal?

Actually the manual states that girlfriends should ride up front facing backwards. Wives on the other hand should ride in back and scream like a banshee for u to slow down. Page 67 I think

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information