1991 Yamaha Waverunner 3 running problem

I have a 1991 Yamaha Waverunner 3. It is a wra650p engine. I have noticed a problem that seems like an engine miss after approximately 15 minutes of running time. I have rebuilt the carb, new fuel filter, trimmed back the wires, and done a compression test showing 150 lbs on both cylinders. I have changed the spark plugs when it starts missing, and it didnt help. I disconnected the temp sensor in the electrical box, which didn't help either. I don't really know where to go from here, and was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. Thank you in advance!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what causes the ski to develop a miss from half to wide open throttle after fifteen minutes of running time???

Unusual amount of water in the hull, pointing to an exhaust leak? Enough exhaust in the hull and it won't breathe properly...

Someone else told me that is could be an exhaust leak. I have tried running it with my knees holding the hood up to get fresh air and it didnt make a difference, there is no smoke or bad odor collecting with the hood closed. There isn't alot of standing water in the engine compartment, a mechanic told me that the exhaust manifold gasket could be blown? How does this make it run poorly and is there a way to check it without taking the whole engine out and apart? Thanks

As stated before, my waverunner would develop what seemed to be a miss after running for about 15 minutes. I have wracked my brain trying to figure out what could be causing this. Luckily one other person has had the same problem I had. The stock caps on the end of the spark plug wires on these skis really suck. They are the old screw in type, and the ends of them do not make a good connection with the spark plug tip. When it warms up, I guess the metal expands a little bit more and makes them further useless. I bought a set of good crimp on style automotive caps and ran it for about thirty minutes without detecting the engine miss. Nevertheless, it will make me very happy if this really fixes it for good. Happy Boating!

Thread Information