Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

05' GP1300R Rive Stage 1 63.5GPS Help me find my speed! Please!

Well the title says it all. I purchased an 05 GP1300R With the riva stage 1 kit installed. I love this ski first off. It feels fast as hell however when i got my ass kicked by my mother on my XLT out of the hole and for a few hundred yards i figured there might be an issue.

Here is the info

Temp: High 80's
    Time: Around 6pm
    Chop: Mild/Slight
    GPS: 63.5 While layin down!
    Gas: 3 Bars
    Weight: 293.5 - i know i know i know!
    Compression seems fine all around 128 after i changed the o ring on my compression tester

Well I am looking for ideas on where to start looking. The shoe isn't hanging at all that I can see. The previous owner had the dealer install the Riva stage 1 kit. I was thinking i should be closer to the high 60's with this setup.

+1
    Sorry but that much wt. will slow you down 1-2mph,to see the difference have someone test ride full speed around 160lbs.

+1
    BTW doesn't the Riva stage 1 gives a Solas dynafly 14/20 prop, don't see it in your sig.

Yup, forgot to put it in. I understand that weight will take off some mph but i didnt think that much. Spoecially considering my XLT1200 with little go fast mods other than a ride plate is so close in speed even with me on it!

I see you have the tiny tach what were your max rpms if you have the 14/20 it might be to big and you have the free flow installed that might cause you to lose speed when the ski is close to stock you also have the fuel controller installed but with those mods A fuel controller in not necessary until the compression, and or, 3 or more degree timing keyway is installed, which creates higher cylinder tempshttp://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...uel-controller

The tiny tach doesnt seem to be reliable it said i hit 19k rpm's and i know that didnt happen. I will go back and re adjust how i have it installed and i suppose ill need another couple runs and a new gps to check it out!

wrap the tiny tach around all three wires by the elec box and make sure it is set correct mine didnt work well around 1 plug wire it was picking up info from the other plug wires

awesome read on that efi controller. I will check the settings. Also thanks for the info on the tiny tach. I will take it off the single wire and re do it!

I guess another questions is that since the stock parts were not included in the sale, Should i mod my way into my current mods with maybe a head porting and hope vf3's or some ported tb's can find their way to my ski some time this year ?

If i was you i would get the stock head shaved Jims Performance can get it done for you cheap and a 3 degree keyway from WFO that should make that ski turn that 14/20 better and way cheaper than vf3 for 600 bucks then later do vf3 and ported cylinders oh and finish that xlt we want to see finished pictures lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information