Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gp1200 no spark, ran fine earlier.

I will try and post as much as i can to help... yesterday when i was riding my gp1200 the oil cap came loose and spilled oil all over the inside of the hull.. i brought it back, tried to wash out the oil but there was still a coat of it all over everything, the ski ran fine tho.. i took it out today, eased it out of the dock, sounded fine.. after about 2 min, it just cut out, no bogging down or anything. Checked the spark plugs, look fine, but there is no power coming to them ( bought a tester ). I checked the fuse in the CDI box looks good.. what should my next step be.. there does not seem to be water in the cdi box.. any help would be great, thank you guys

+1
    Make sure that loose oil is not from disconnected oil lines. No oil to engine=seized engine.

Adam

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    Does the engine still turn over?

Nothing like getting air, while sitting in a chair VonnerNIX's Avatar
    I agree on the oil lines, but it sounds like there is no current being applied to the plug wires (if that was verified with the tester). Sounds like a CDI issue to me.

Well the oil lines are fine, the engine turns over, the cap was off the oil tank and spilled everywhere.. But yes there is no current coming to any of the plugs. The interesting thing, while i was stuck out on the water, i tried starting it for a while, and randomly it wants to start for a sec then it dies again. Is there anything inside the CDI i can check? or wires leading up to it, there is two sets of wires on the side of it

I had a question. I have not done much work on these ski's, but since they use a Coil pack, there must be a crank sensor or something that tells them when to fire.. if this was to go out then i would get no spark.. where would i find it, and is there a way to test this sensor without having to purchase and install a new one. THanks guys

+1
    check the stator coil there is some info here in the old school section do a search.

After reading tons of articles on here, i tried the cut off switch (black/white wire) was hoping that was it, because the ski died just like it would when you hit the switch. But still no spark.. going to test the stator next, where is a good place to download a manual for a 99 GP1200

+1
    Go over to PWCToday, post the manual you are looking for, Zmann will give you a link.

http://www.pwctoday.com/f14/yamaha-s...ls-265888.html

+1
    Send me your email...I have a manual.

Adam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information