Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MFD

MFD

I am looking for an 8 Pin MFD for a 1995 SL750. Ebay has slim pickings. Anyone got one for sale or know where I might find one?

Thanks.

Chirp...Chirp.... No one with an idea?

+1
    I too am looking for a MFD for a 2000 Polaris Pro 785. No luck. Like a needle in a hay stack. I sent emails to PWC salvage yards all over the US. Nothing. One joker replied that he had one with low hours and worked great for my application, but would not part with it. Had to purcase the whole ski. Good luck in your search. I too am on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JWTexas View Post
    I am looking for an 8 Pin MFD for a 1995 SL750. Ebay has slim pickings. Anyone got one for sale or know where I might find one?

Thanks.
    Have you tried to repair yours?

Yeah, what he said^^^^ save yourself 300 dollars and cut it open to clean the contacts. If that isn't the problem then take it in to an electronics repair shop. Anything is cheaper than replacing it. You can also find some nice new stickers for the faceplate on ebay to make it look new.

Chirp...Chirp.... No one with an idea?
    If you don't want to try and fix yours here are 4 on Ebay ranging from $100 - $300. Disregard the Virage and Genesis MFD's. It was easier to give you the whole page.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

+1

Thanks.
    If you have a nonfunctioning mfd, try taking it to a electronics technician. I took mine to one and it only cost me $75 to get it back going. He checked EVERYING out. Of course I opened and sealed it up myself which significantly lowered the cost. Beats paying $200 and up for an ebay mfd that may give out soon after you buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by 750sl View Post
    If you have a nonfunctioning mfd, try taking it to a electronics technician. I took mine to one and it only cost me $75 to get it back going. He checked EVERYING out. Of course I opened and sealed it up myself which significantly lowered the cost. Beats paying $200 and up for an ebay mfd that may give out soon after you buy it.
    That is my point. I went out and got another one before I tried to fix my old one and now they both work. I went out of pocket for a lot of cash and fixed the other one for nothing. When I read on here that guys need one I want to help out but I am not comfortable selling one that I opened up. I would love to get some of my money back but we all know that they can go at anytime and you may never be able to bring it back so that is another reason why I just hold on to the other one also.

Maybe I will run the old one in my ski for awhile and if all is well I will sell off the one that I didn't have to open. When I changed them out the hours went back to zero. Even the old one went back to zero when I plugged it into the harness to check it to see if it worked after I took it apart.

Yeah. I took it apart. It had water in it. Completely coroaded the leads on two of the IC's. Problem is finding the IC's for sale individually. They are surface mount and what I found you have a minimum order of 100. I am also afraid there may not be pad left to solder to. Guess I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

+1
    Yeah. I took it apart. It had water in it. Completely coroaded the leads on two of the IC's. Problem is finding the IC's for sale individually. They are surface mount and what I found you have a minimum order of 100. I am also afraid there may not be pad left to solder to. Guess I'll keep looking.

Thanks.
    Sounds like you have some knowledge of electronics (because I sure as dont) During the course of conversation, the electronics technician told me he gets his replacement components from Digi-Key (on line) or MarVac (store locations). Have you tried them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information