Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

X-charger on 215 ski risking reliability?

I just put an X-charger on my 2004 RXP. I will be running a stock 215 hp intercooler and the Riva 3" intake. I know a few members on here run this setup.

My question is, how much am I sacrificing in reliability over the stock 215 hp SC?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    I just put an X-charger on my 2004 RXP. I will be running a stock 215 hp intercooler and the Riva 3" intake. I know a few members on here run this setup.

My question is, how much am I sacrificing in reliability over the stock 215 hp SC?
    It will be absolutly fine mate, you need the 42 injectors in my opinion.

Im running x charger, 4" intake, gutted shorty box with riva thru hull, my own open loop setup with thermostat, and a set of 42s and it fooking flys out the hole, really strong. Im running a Les Cooke 14/18 skat. I actually removed my XS cooler RRFPR and BEGi setup and lost no RPM Im still at 8100-150 which is strange as it was in the winter when I was running with the XS.

Oh well Im happy that I got my ski back to a fun level of mods that I know I wont have to worry about, just nice regular services and keep an eye on the slip.

R88

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    It will be absolutly fine mate, you need the 42 injectors in my opinion.

Im running x charger, 4" intake, gutted shorty box with riva thru hull, my own open loop setup with thermostat, and a set of 42s and it fooking flys out the hole, really strong. Im running a Les Cooke 14/18 skat. I actually removed my XS cooler RRFPR and BEGi setup and lost no RPM Im still at 8100-150 which is strange as it was in the winter when I was running with the XS.

Oh well Im happy that I got my ski back to a fun level of mods that I know I wont have to worry about, just nice regular services and keep an eye on the slip.

R88
    Dan (JD1) says I should be fine with the 38's since I am using a stock intercooler and 3" intake. Not to mention I'm riding at 1087 feet (331.37 meters) above sea level and the air temp is on average 104 degrees (40 Celsius).

I'm excited to get my ski back together and see how I like the X-charger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    Dan (JD1) says I should be fine with the 38's since I am using a stock intercooler and 3" intake. Not to mention I'm riding at 1087 feet (331.37 meters) above sea level and the air temp is on average 104 degrees (40 Celsius).

I'm excited to get my ski back together and see how I like the X-charger.
    That may well be the case for your environment and setup, you will love the extra pull of the new charger. R88

That may well be the case for your environment and setup, you will love the extra pull of the new charger. R88

to drop a x charger on a 215 you have to machine the housing to 137mm???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fh23rxp-x View Post
    to drop a x charger on a 215 you have to machine the housing to 137mm???
    Yes if you have got hold of a front housing and wheel to put on your 215 SCer. But Kieth has got a complete X charger and they bolt straight on without any issues.

I think its as big as you would want to go on a REC ski being used all of the time and not running into fueling and high maint issues.

It makes the RXP real sharp out of the hole as the boost gets to the engine so fast its great esspecially for me and alot of others that dont get glass conditions in the sea.

R88

:lol
    Yes if you have got hold of a front housing and wheel to put on your 215 SCer. But Kieth has got a complete X charger and they bolt straight on without any issues.

I think its as big as you would want to go on a REC ski being used all of the time and not running into fueling and high maint issues.

It makes the RXP real sharp out of the hole as the boost gets to the engine so fast its great esspecially for me and alot of others that dont get glass conditions in the sea.

R88
    yeah a buddy of mines has a 215 and he got a great deal on a x front housing and wheel and was just doing some research on how to do it .. i guess were gonna be doing that mod this weekend

+1
    Check you slip - metal washers do go out and I found this out the hard way. Other than that haven't had a problem with 89 hours on similar setup (42# inj)

+1

R88

I dont know, I have a friend here running a 2Rude, that has been setup properly and his boat is dead ass reliable, every bit as my green wheel 07 and Rude1 06, I think you go over that point then stuff will start to be needing looked at, allot.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasGV View Post
    Check you slip - metal washers do go out and I found this out the hard way. Other than that haven't had a problem with 89 hours on similar setup (42# inj)
    I just had Jerry install the Riva washers and McMaster washers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information