First time with gps stock ski

Well went out to the lake today and brought both the skis out but did some testing on the RXT it did 64.5 gps at 7720rpms the heat was over 95 degrees and the water was hot!! I was hoping for a little more but hopefully that will come with colder water.. Its a stock 07 rxt with upgraded washers thats it.. Are these decent numbers?

But i pulled the seat and i saw a little smoke coming from it idk if it was the anti corrosion spray i used last time out but i waited for it to cool down and i saw the coolant wasnt too high so i added a little.. A cople months ago when i was out one of the coolant line failed and drained all the coolant i got a high temp warning and shut it down immediately.. Open the seat and see coolant floating around the bottum of the ski.. So i got it fixed and i guess they didnt fill it up all the way but the put a bottle of seadoo coolant in the storage compartment..

Good speed for those r's.

Yes, + 1..
    My bone stock 08 RXT is getting 7640 in the heat at 62.7 gps..
    Still gotta get more hours on in (has 7)

Nice i was thinking that they were low lol.. Im glad to see that there not at all.. I just wanted to get a baseline before i make and plans to mod it.. Im planning on a pump wedge and intake soon.. But quick question what pump wedge do you guys recommend? the riva is 2 degrees and the r&d is 2.5 i think..

+1
    Thats really good speed for a stock 215 RXT. RPM sounds about right for what I've seen in those temps.

Could i pick up a few rpms in the winter netting me a few more mph? Oo and i forgot to say that i did that speed with just about half a tank and a 265lb rider lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray8188 View Post
    Could i pick up a few rpms in the winter netting me a few more mph? Oo and i forgot to say that i did that speed with just about half a tank and a 265lb rider lol
    colder air and colder water should pick up RPM, and then more speed. I ran a steady 63 in summer on a 07 RXT. I did 67 in November with air and water both in the 50's.

Nice well im hoping winter ill get this thing a little faster ill try to fill the ride plate holes next and see whaere that gets me.. THen ill start doing some mods.. i just want this ski to do about 73mph But be as reliable as a stock one.. So ill probably look into an x charger through hull eben tho it doesnt help, skegs, ride plate, intake grate, prop of course, 42lb'ers, 4 in intake, pump wedge, and i guess a BOV since i dont plan on running an external intercooler..

+1
    Very good speed IMO. My friend has two three seaters (Stock) RXT and a GTX LTD and they both run right at 62. Gpsed from my SKI

What do you think i would run with the mods that im planning on?

Thread Information