Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Think I Am Going To Buy A Boat....

Well ppl after owning my first GPR for more than a year and now purchasing a second one this year, I have gotten to a point in which I feel the need to own a boat. I am 26 and I think its time to move on to bigger toys. So needles to say my 00' GPR will be going up for sale soon to add funds to my boat purchase. But I am looking for some info from other GH members that probably own both ski and boat as to what type of boat I should buy. I own a chevy s-10 with the 4.3L V6 so I am looking to buy a 17ft-19ft center console boat that so that I wont need to have a bigger truck to pull it. Looking for suggestions as to any particualr brands you guys have had experiences (brands to stay away from) same goes for the out board engine brand and tpye. Just looking to see what are my best options are. Not looking for a flats type boat I live in Miami so I am looking to hit the ocean every now n then also the keys. Any input will be highly appreciated

+1
    friend of mine has a brand new Proline with a evinrude E-tec and are pretty much bullet proof motors. BRP did a demo at a local marina where they tryed to blow one up which they did after it ran for a couple hrs with no oil. Where are cottage it its all swap and wetlands so LOTS of shallow weedie water and never had a problem.

I wouldn't be hitting the ocean in any 17'-19' boat. A flats boat won't do?...not much available that short in a deep v.

def will be looking into something evenrude, yamaha or merc powered, but why wouldnt i hit the ocean in the size boat I am looking to get ? I have riddin in a few 17 and 18 duskys and they seam to be very nice in and out of the bay and light chop. I mean if you look at my avatar pic I am on my GPR a few miles off shore I wouldn't see why a nice 18ft Dusky could handle that and a flats boat is just not my style I dont plan on doin to to much fishing that I would really need that type boat

boston whaler 19' outrage? they are expensive but used ones are reasonable. They hold value very well and are unsinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by GPR305 View Post
    def will be looking into something evenrude, yamaha or merc powered, but why wouldnt i hit the ocean in the size boat I am looking to get ? I have riddin in a few 17 and 18 duskys and they seam to be very nice in and out of the bay and light chop. I mean if you look at my avatar pic I am on my GPR a few miles off shore I wouldn't see why a nice 18ft Dusky could handle that and a flats boat is just not my style I dont plan on doin to to much fishing that I would really need that type boat
    I notice you have company on the water with you. You gonna be traveling in a group while fishing?

If I had the itch...and the scratch....a Grady White is what I'd be looking at.
    http://www.gradywhite.com/180/

THIS! http://www.wellcraft.com/?#/100/

haha jk, but they are awesome boats =)

+1
    i have the same truck.. and i have a 18 foot stingray with a 3.0 i4 merc.. 540 hours on it and runs mint.. i pull the boat just fine and the boat is a 18ft'r

stingray is a good built boat and have been around for awhile.. i would want to get a bigger motor though.. the 19ftrs have bigger ones.. but when we first got the boat it did some where around 50 +/-. and ive pulled 3 slalom skiers at once out of the hole

+1
    My dream boat is just a small 19 or 20' center console with a T-top and a small 100hp 4 stroke to go island hopping with and take the dog. We have a nice I/O with a 350 chevy motor in but its such a PITA to keep clean and Saltwater is just a no. Want it small enough I can beach etc., and doesn't kill my truck driving to the Keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    My dream boat is just a small 19 or 20' center console with a T-top and a small 100hp 4 stroke to go island hopping with and take the dog. We have a nice I/O with a 350 chevy motor in but its such a PITA to keep clean and Saltwater is just a no. Want it small enough I can beach etc., and doesn't kill my truck driving to the Keys.
    pretty much exactly what I am looking for and for the same reasons. Thanks for the input fellas keep it coming I have been browsing craigslist and I have ran into a few duskys,makos,sea crafts, sea pros, robalos, and angler boats that fit my so well see how the boat shopping goes they seam to be older boats though kinda sux

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information