Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    IC intake on a GTX-SC 185 ?

    I was wondering since I will be removing the head off my '04 GTX-SC if I can replace the intake with one that has the intercooler. If so what other parts would I need ? Lastly, I am considering rebuilding the SC while I have things dismantled, is there any upgrades other than the washers ? Can I use an X-charger instead if I can use an IC manifold ? Any advice would be appreciated !

    Thanks !!


  2. #2
    Codeman666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sunny south florida
    Posts
    179
    +1
    8
    You will need to change the flywheel to put a 215/255 charger on there and the 185 pistons are not forged so you would want to change those also and the ecu and injectors and the fuel pressure regulator then you'd have to get a impeller for that setup I might be missing something else but that's most of it

  3. #3
    Sounds like allot is involved to do it right. I thinks I have to hold off right now and stay stock. Thanks for sharing your knowledge !

  4. #4
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch22 View Post
    I was wondering since I will be removing the head off my '04 GTX-SC if I can replace the intake with one that has the intercooler. If so what other parts would I need ? Lastly, I am considering rebuilding the SC while I have things dismantled, is there any upgrades other than the washers ? Can I use an X-charger instead if I can use an IC manifold ? Any advice would be appreciated !

    Thanks !!
    Just add an external IC, like Fizzle XS kit or 2008-2009 X boat IC and bracket (my option). Send SC to Jerry he will use a oem kit with metal washers. Yes you could use X charger but have to get 17 tooth gear inside motor (ass pain).

    Look at my signature block below for my 185 mods and results.

    See "JPEConsults 185 build" thread, the most extensive 185 info on the Hulk site - period!!


  5. #5
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    the manifold with the internal intercooler..would bolt right on..dont know how much performance gain you would see .... the 5 psi of boost on the 185 doesnt generate much heat..and you would be adding a little restriction to the intake trac..now if you go ti and x charger...then go fizzle kit intercoooler..but then the cast pistons...

  6. #6
    I'm thinking its best to wait until I decide a remove and rebuild is in order (hopefully not right now).

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch22 View Post
    I was wondering since I will be removing the head off my '04 GTX-SC if I can replace the intake with one that has the intercooler. If so what other parts would I need ? Lastly, I am considering rebuilding the SC while I have things dismantled, is there any upgrades other than the washers ? Can I use an X-charger instead if I can use an IC manifold ? Any advice would be appreciated !

    Thanks !!
    I`ve had both set-up`s on my 04, oem IC manifold and Riva complete kit. If you got the manifold cheaper than an aftermarket IC set-up, and trying to save money is the goal, then the OEM/IC manifold is an option. In any IC upgrade I would increase boost by changing out the wheel. Back in the day I had a Riva Gen I wheel.
    noticing any difference , if you ride in hot summer heat, then yes. even the stock 185 makes a ton of heat.
    You can add boost with the stock cast pistons up to a point. I had no problems with 7-9 lbs...

    if you are going to add any IC you should consider changing the fuel pressure regulator to the Rotax 58 psi one... there are simple mods and bolt ons that you could get away with, exhaust, air, wheel, reg, etc without getting carried away and emptying your wallet...lol...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    .

    See "JPEConsults 185 build" thread, the most extensive 185 info on the Hulk site - period!!

    222 pages !!!!!! Damn !!!! I think I will be reading for awhile !!!!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGPR View Post
    I`ve had both set-up`s on my 04, oem IC manifold and Riva complete kit. If you got the manifold cheaper than an aftermarket IC set-up, and trying to save money is the goal, then the OEM/IC manifold is an option. In any IC upgrade I would increase boost by changing out the wheel. Back in the day I had a Riva Gen I wheel.
    noticing any difference , if you ride in hot summer heat, then yes. even the stock 185 makes a ton of heat.
    You can add boost with the stock cast pistons up to a point. I had no problems with 7-9 lbs...

    if you are going to add any IC you should consider changing the fuel pressure regulator to the Rotax 58 psi one... there are simple mods and bolt ons that you could get away with, exhaust, air, wheel, reg, etc without getting carried away and emptying your wallet...lol...
    Where can I measure the boost ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replacing Impeller and wear ring on 2005 Sea Doo GTX SC 185
    By Kirk1964 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 12:30 AM
  2. Riva IC install in a GTX SC...
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 08:12 PM
  3. anybody installed RXP intake on a GTX?
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 03:09 AM
  4. New air intake on the GTX not for the weak hearted!!
    By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 08:00 AM
  5. Offshore Drilling ... on a gtx-sc
    By MikeTrin in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •