Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

RXT-X 260 water in hull after sitting outside in a rain:(

Hey everyone.. Well quick question. I have a NEW with 0 hours on it RXT-X 260. Was cleaning out the garage yesterday and HUGE storm rolled in and I did not have my cover on the ski while it sat outside in the rain. After several hours of rain, i was able to go out and spray the ski off and clean it up. Well I opened the seat to see all kinds of water in the hull is this not a water tight ski???? I must say I am a little concerned. Also, going to put a bildge in soon, but how does the suction method work on these ski's. I see the drains, but they have hoses hooked to them and looks like when I tip in back, the water was barely coming out. Any help greatly apprciated since I am new to seadoo and tomorrow is my first time out on this ski and cant wait.

+1
    NO it's not water tight. A bilge pump is very smart. The seat soaks up a lot of water, after every day ride I leave the seat open to dry out the hull and the seat drains ALOT of water into the footwells. Yes the "bailer hoses" work great but, only while moving. Some people have had the rear hatches leak some also.

The bilge pumps are great because you can remove water at will anytime! At home on the trailer after cleaning, on the water, anytime. I personally think, not having a bilge pump on a pwc is unsafe and plain dumb. Using the iBrake a lot (demos to people) gets water in my hull, the bilge pump gets it out automatically. My brother in law, "1tommygunner1927" had a sponson leak. At the lake while sitting still, his ski would "take a piss" every now and then, without a bilge pump we would never have known about the leak!

I wrote a "How to install: Bilge pump, 4" kanaflex intake, and Groco strainer" article several years ago. check the how to section. Pics of my setup are in my thread, 2010 RXT-X 260 Pics and Comments".

I broke my ski in very aggressively! Yours will open up some at 3-4 hours, then again, 5-7, then full power after 10-12 hours. READ your owners manual several times before you ride! The DESS key can be finicky at first, hit red start button, then put in key (straight and push hard), should get two beeps, "normal key installed", then hold red start button. If you don't get two beeps, it ain't starting!

Have fun

+1
    JPT,
    Thanks for the quick response. I have been hoping someone would chime in quick. I have read most of your post and see you have done alot to your ski and really have put some awesome detail inputs about the ski on here. I would like to say thanks. I also hope the ski holds up well tomorrow. I will be easy on it and vary the rpms alot tomorrow and then next ride out open it up some. I def. know what you mean about the workings of the guages and starting. I have been reading the manual and the ski has alot of little items tucked inside that guage.. Also, I have a 167 mile trip I take each year. I will have it broke in by that time, but i was wondering if I run 40 or so how many miles you think I can get out of a tank. Any other time, I wont worry about it...Feels awesome to have this MACHINE

+1
    Yea, mine acts they same way as JPT's. The seat soaks up ALOT. I also have a leaky glove box. I resealed it and plan on testing it tomorrow. I've installed everything JPT advises except for the 4" and catch can(soon). He has given valuable info(I love pics). Speaking of... JPT, how did you end up mounting your catch can? It isn't homemade is it? Pictures are a +
    I'm thinking of building a homemade one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    JPT,
    Thanks for the quick response. I have been hoping someone would chime in quick. I have read most of your post and see you have done alot to your ski and really have put some awesome detail inputs about the ski on here. I would like to say thanks. I also hope the ski holds up well tomorrow. I will be easy on it and vary the rpms alot tomorrow and then next ride out open it up some. I def. know what you mean about the workings of the guages and starting. I have been reading the manual and the ski has alot of little items tucked inside that guage.. Also, I have a 167 mile trip I take each year. I will have it broke in by that time, but i was wondering if I run 40 or so how many miles you think I can get out of a tank. Any other time, I wont worry about it...Feels awesome to have this MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    Yea, mine acts they same way as JPT's. The seat soaks up ALOT. I also have a leaky glove box. I resealed it and plan on testing it tomorrow. I've installed everything JPT advises except for the 4" and catch can(soon). He has given valuable info(I love pics). Speaking of... JPT, how did you end up mounting your catch can? It isn't homemade is it? Pictures are a +
    I'm thinking of building a homemade one.
    I appreciate the words guys - I've tried to contribute in a positive way!

Riva catch can. more info here:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...mments!/page73

+1
    OK got it THANKS!

Have yet to take mine out, but I can already see where my battery cover is going to leak, not getting a good seal. Should both screws on the top have a rubber stopper, or just one side? That could be my problem.

+1
    Both of them have rubber stoppers. They can come off very easily, so I would drop a little adhesive on the once you get it replaced. I am also thinking of cutting a O-ring into and running it along the cut out that is on the ski-hull and see if that helps keep water out. I have 20hrs on mine now and still get a little water in the ski, but its not to bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingDiablo666 View Post
    Have yet to take mine out, but I can already see where my battery cover is going to leak, not getting a good seal. Should both screws on the top have a rubber stopper, or just one side? That could be my problem.

Hi guysx quite on topic... I have a blodge pump a manual one but i would like one without on off switch but only automatic that can feel if there is water and if it is so it should start. My idea is to connect to battery anytime i will go out and be safe if during ride thwre will be water inside it will work. I have the ski in a dry solution when at home so no probs when i will be home. Any link to any good blidfe pump that can do what i need? A name or company? A blodge pump that should do it automatically revealing water!
    Thanks

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Hi Daniele,there are many bilge pumps with auto function!!
    Here is one:http://store.waterpumpsupply.com/ruau12vodcbi.html
    Hope this helps!
    Mitsakosgt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information