Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

boost clamp on stock SC

I'm currently in the process of adding a few parts to the fzr (see my sig) and I wanted to get some opinions and feedback on what performance gains I would see by adding the riva boost clamp. This would be on a stock SC. My only concern is that the stock wheel isn't designed to put out much more boost than the boost limiter allows so a boost clamp would be essentially worthless. If I did go ahead with the boost clamp on the stock SC, how much boost would I bee seeing? Also, would I need to repitch my skat 13/23? thanks

If you are not hitting the boost limiter, the boost clamp is worthless.

+1
    Well I'm hitting the boost limiter right now with the stock wheel and ecu, which goes back to my original question of what gains would I see by adding the boost clamp...

Professional Alike Racer Clazz. Teerayoot's Avatar
    sure,you would get speed/accel gain by bypass boost limitter.

what boost number you get with limitter?,
    indeed really easy to do D.I.Y boost clamp LOL

+1
    on stock sc wheel and stock ecu i doubt your hitting the boost limiter, you might be hitting the rev limiter, are you running a stock nozzle with that 13/23 skat prop?

Rev limiter is different from the boost limiter. The only way you can be hitting the boost limiter is if you have an aftermarket boost wheel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    on stock sc wheel and stock ecu i doubt your hitting the boost limiter, you might be hitting the rev limiter, are you running a stock nozzle with that 13/23 skat prop?
    Yes stock nozzle with the skat 13/23. I'll be installing it all this wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargedTaco View Post
    Rev limiter is different from the boost limiter. The only way you can be hitting the boost limiter is if you have an aftermarket boost wheel.
    My mistake, I do understand the differences between the boost and rev limiter. I assumed that the boost limiter was set to right around 6lbs, or how ever much the stock wheel can produce. So if the stock wheel can put out more boost and it is just a matter of repitching the prop than the boost clamp seems like quite a good mod. The question then becomes, how much more boost can the stock wheel push out?

I'm sure if you pick a prop pitch to raise your rpm high enough,(probably way past the stock 7700 rpm limit) you might be able to make the stock boost wheel produce enough boost to hit the boost limiter. This would require de-pitching though, not moving up to a 13/23.

Of course, this assumes that the stock supercharger wheel has not reached its design limits, meaning it no longer produces additional boost after a certain rpm.

+1
    [QUOTE=mikeFZR;1510518]Yes stock nozzle with the skat 13/23. I'll be installing it all this wednesday.

i thought you allready had the skat prop in thats why i asked about the nozzle..
    let us know where your rpm's are at after installing that prop, id like to know..

the stock sc wheel can produce around 9 pounds of boost but with a reflashed ecu turning around 83-8400 rpm's.

+1
    [QUOTE=305coco;1510666]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Yes stock nozzle with the skat 13/23. I'll be installing it all this wednesday.

i thought you allready had the skat prop in thats why i asked about the nozzle..
    let us know where your rpm's are at after installing that prop, id like to know..

the stock sc wheel can produce around 9 pounds of boost but with a reflashed ecu turning around 83-8400 rpm's.
    That really helps clarify some things, if the rev limiter is in the way, there is no point in the boost clamp as I would need another 500rpm to even utilize it. I'll keep you updated on the skat, I'm planing on a build thread in the projects section which I have already started but not posted up yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information