+1

How does rx hull compare to gpr hull

Whats the good and bad of the RX hull? I have one im parting out but thinking of making a unconventional swap if they are good handling and good for speed runs. Im building a triple piped 1548 gp 1200 motor and thinking about putting it in this hull. Any thoughts? it be like a backwords gprxp call it a rxgpr????LOL

+1
    A friend here in Puerto Rico made the swap . Installed a 3 piston Yamaha engine in to an RX Hull. Ran almost 80 mph . So go ahead. Put some pictures off the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by porschemaniac View Post
    Whats the good and bad of the RX hull? I have one im parting out but thinking of making a unconventional swap if they are good handling and good for speed runs. Im building a triple piped 1548 gp 1200 motor and thinking about putting it in this hull. Any thoughts? it be like a backwords gprxp call it a rxgpr????LOL

Well the rx hull is pretty flat bottomed. So if your looking to run fast in the chop find something else. Glassy water it runs out awesome. For a two seater it's stable so if you have a passenger your not tipping over easy. It will stick a turn pretty hard and not slide out, but to me I like gettin a little squirlly . I had a gsx awhile back and thought it was a lot more fun to ride even though it was the 787. It was still really flat bottomed so ridin chop was hard but for my size it was perfect for spinning tight turns and would spin 360's. You could jump a few wakes as well. It was also just big enough to ride two up and not be extremely tippy. It really depends on what you are looking to do with it.

+1
    For pure top speed It's tough to beat the GPR hull done right. I like the RX better for two up. In the chop maybe the GPR by alittle. If you do the RX be sure and true the hull. Mine was way off. Good luck with project.

+1
    I've always liked the looks of the rx. Last year I was thinking of doing a gprxp but I've kida gone back to the 2 smokes. The hull I have is perfect. I have my 1390 in a xlt sleeper right now but putting it back as a 1200 and wanted something different for the 1548. I think I will go ahead and do it. I figure if I can fit triples in a yami hull with a midhull this thing should have gobs of room. I will start a thread when I start assembling the big motor and the conversion. It will be fall when the seasons over and I can work on my ski instead of customers. Gotta make a living while you can. Meantime I will start collecting more parts.

Thread Information