+1

a 15f that rides sideways in the water??

Well yesterday I got out for the first time since a serious back injury and rode for a couple hours. My bro in law tells me it looks like my ski is riding sideways in the water and there is a loud rattling sound coming from the back between 35 and 45 mph on the dreamometer. Took it back and loaded it up , inspected the pump area etc and didn't find anything out of line.

Anybody have a idea what would cause this?? I'm at the point of taking it to the dealer for them to check , thought i would see what yall have to offer.

+1

Lightbulb Sponsons?

I had a similar problem with an Ult150 once, the right side sponson had a huge crack in it and it had taken water into it, i dont know if that would explain the sound your hearing, but i would look them over first, maybe tap it with a screwdriver to see if it sounds hollow still?

Good Luck!

+1
    No that wasn't it, Thanks anyway, I found it.. have to put a pump in it again . after that its going to find a new home somewhere else. Had enough of jetski's

+1

AGAIN?

You said put in a pump "again"? How are you messing up the pump? I have been riding my KAWAIs for over 10 years and have never had a pump problem yet?

+1
    The original one was messed up by something getting in it and cracking the impeller. The pump housing got jacked up by whatever it was that went thru it. I trusted the wrong person to replace the housing and impeller while i was recovering from a back injury, one of the blades on the impeller dug into one side of the pump and thats the rattling noise. Some how the person who put it all back together didn't do it right. I could tell just by that 30 minutes on the water that i won't be riding jetskis much anymore. I have another pump and impeller on the way, the area on the pump is about chewed thru. I hate to have to give it up but thats what we have to do sometimes.

Thread Information