2002 polaris virage problems

I have a 2002 polaris virage i 8oo it starts and runs great for about 15 to 20 minutes then the rpm start to get erratic and it starts bogging then it will just cut out completely ive checked the tps all fuel lines and blown out all the water lines. It will run fine on the hose all day only in the water at high rpms does it mess up someone said the coil might be bad or heating up and seperating or something any one have any ideas and also does any one know if anybody works on polaris's in the titusville florida area any help will be appreciated.

I have 2002 polaris virage 700 and expereinced the same problem. Run through the stator testing from the service manuals and verify that all the readings are correct. It only takes approx 30mins and will at least rule out that side of the house. The problem I expereinced, although a little unusual, is the stator came loose causing it to run fine on the hose (when the stator wasn't getting jarred around) but in the water after I started to get crazy the thing bounced around causing erratic rpm readings, hesitation at high speeds, etc. Yours is probably something different but i would start off with that first. Also run a compression test on both cylinders to make sure you don't have a bigger problem.

Thread Information