Rude Fuel Controller Fuel Prgramming Question

Hi- I have thoroughly read every thread I can find on this subject. I have hooked the controller up and pulled the map out of the ECU that has my current readings on it. I would like to add fuel just in the mid-range. I feel pretty stupid as I am not even sure how to go about doing this and I am a little confused from all the posts. Our setup is somewhat unique because of my altitude- 4,500 ft.
    I have a 2006 RXP with an ET68-140 supercharger and according to my boost gauge it is running 8lbs at 8,000 RPM's. Stock it was running 4lbs at 7400 RPM's, which is the most I could ever get it to turn. When I bought the ET supercharger I put in 42lb injectors, which was reading way too rich, so I put the stock 38lb injectors back in. That brought the idle back to the mid 13's and the mid-range RPM's were a little lean around the 14 to 1 range. The top end was around 12 to 1. I would sure appreciate any advice.
    I have read on these posts that you should put 10's in all of the windows, but would that apply to me where all I want to change is the mid-range? There are hundreds of windows on my map and do they all need to be reprogrammed? Thanks.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    you need to depitch your prop to get it to turn 8100..or 8550 depending on your ecu...but that is another issue...you charger even at your alttude should be 12-13 psi..or your guage is way off..

all 10 ..is no change...it will fuel it just exactly as the ecu would if the rude controler wasnt there...

to add fuel go higher usually point 1 or 2 will make a difference..

to get started .
    you can go buy rpm..and change buy percentage...if you click on say 4500 rpm..it should highlight all boxes at 4500 ..then you can go up top and find the change buy tool ..and it will allow you to change buy what ever percentage you want...wouldnt go much more than 3 percent at a time...say you are a little rich at 4500 go to change buy -3 and it will subtract 3% of the fuel at that rpm...

i went out with my lap top in my lap..and watched it in real time and the cell the controler is using will be highlighted so you know where to change

if you havent found this thread it has alot of information

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/foru...ow-To-amp-FAQs

Thanks for the reply. I’ve always felt that the boost was too low. With the stock charger on a cool day I would see maybe 4 lbs of boost. I had an x charger for a while and probably the best I ever saw with that was 5.5 lbs of boost. With this ET so far the highest is about 8 lbs of boost. All of these readings were with a rear air intake also.
    One thing that leads me to believe that the boost gauge is pretty close are the readings from my afr . With my stock 38 injectors I’m not very lean with the ET charger. (stock ecu by the way) . In fact the idle and wot appear to me to be just about spot on, with some leanness at mid throttle. This suggests to my limited knowledge that with this big charger, the ski behaves close to what a stock ski would at sea level.
    I’ve also added a 14-17 prop and between that and the charger it’s brought the rpm’s to around 8000 and really woke the ski up.
    If I wanted to return it to stock, would I just put all 10’s in the cells or do I need to save my current map that I have initially read off of the machine and write that back into the ECU to return it to stock?
    Honestly, what you have replied has given me more information on how to do this than any thread I have read. Thanks.

it doesnt wright to the ecu it wrights to the controler...the ecu alllways stays the same the ler..changes the data the ecu sees....(the voltage comming from the map sensor)

something seems drastically wrong on your boost numbers...an stock x charger..will do 10 at 8100 ...check your guage.....

you should need 48 for hat charger...i know you are at altitude i know it affects things but so does the summer heat down here...

be careful

Hi- thanks for the reply. I have everything hooked up and put all of the cells at 10. But I cannot get any rows to highlight by clicking on the RPM's. In fact, nothing I have tried gives me the option to change a row by percentages all at once. Is there any way to do this? All I can do is change each cell individually. I want to richen by .3 all the cells from 5000 to 7000 RPM's. This whole thing is very frustrating.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundryboy View Post
    Hi- thanks for the reply. I have everything hooked up and put all of the cells at 10. But I cannot get any rows to highlight by clicking on the RPM's. In fact, nothing I have tried gives me the option to change a row by percentages all at once. Is there any way to do this? All I can do is change each cell individually. I want to richen by .3 all the cells from 5000 to 7000 RPM's. This whole thing is very frustrating.
    The way I do it is to select the 1st and put in the number I want to change to then go to the last cell and put the same number in, then click and drag along the fields to highlight them all. A this point you can then go to the top and hit the auto fill button and it will fill all the cells in that rev band to the same number.

R88

if you just click on the 4500 it will automaitcally highlight the entire rpm band ..then you can use the fill with tool

Thank you all for your advice. The thing just defied all logic, and I am not a whiz on the computer but I am not stupid either, and it just would not work! But when I manually entered my changes in all the cells of one row, all of a sudden it started to highlight the row when I clicked on the rpm's, which it would never do before. It works great now and I am very happy with the results! Thanks!

Thread Information