Chasing Buoys - My First Go Pro Video

Banned User
    +1
    Looks pretty good for your first video
    Is this you??

Welcome to the "other" site.

Oh, when you make your posts, there is a little "film strip" icon at the top of the box you type in. Push that, and insert the Youtube link, and save it. Then the little Youtube screen will embed in your post, like this;

You mean like this?

Banned User
    +1
    Good job!!! Your just teasing that guy on the Kawi, aren't you. We can see that you could easily just pull away, and leave him in your wake
    Also, try Rain-X on the lens. It helps to keep the drops smaller, and they blow away a little faster.

Your becoming quite the film maker. I like the transitions and the way you edit the footage together..good job. What program do you use to edit??

I am just using Windows Movie Maker. I dont think its very friendly but then I have nothing to compare it to. It is fun making the videos

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    I am just using Windows Movie Maker. I dont think its very friendly but then I have nothing to compare it to. It is fun making the videos
    It's working for you. Everything else is much harder to use, and I really don't think you'd gain anything from them, accept a headache.
    Now when you move to the 1080P version, you might wanna take a look at other video editing programs. Most all offer 30 day free trials.

Did you know the Go Pro can do this;(time lapsed photography)

It is a lot of fun making these video's. It sort of becomes a "competition" of sorts. For me, the raw material(video) is the easy part. The hard part is finding the right music, and trying to do "creative" things with the video. It takes a lot of time, and can be addicting.
    You might wanna check out http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...iew_en_US.html for video editing. It's pretty easy to use, and cheap.

Edit; Added new time lapsed video
    Last edited by iflyems; 09-07-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Yay my goprohd is in the mail. LMAO you put that song on your time lapse thats on every youtube vid. Ive used windows movie maker and it isnt bad, i mean if your getting paid or winning an award WMM I would use something else..I tryed to use After Effects and it was crazy, I took web design and photoshop class's but that was no help for AE. Oh btw time lapse are pretty sweet. Im going to do a time lapse in copper canyon when I get mine, should be cool!

oh man a havasu monsoon would be awesome too! Havent had a good one this year but its still a little early.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Boost View Post
    Yay my goprohd is in the mail. LMAO you put that song on your time lapse thats on every youtube vid. Ive used windows movie maker and it isnt bad, i mean if your getting paid or winning an award WMM I would use something else..I tryed to use After Effects and it was crazy, I took web design and photoshop class's but that was no help for AE. Oh btw time lapse are pretty sweet. Im going to do a time lapse in copper canyon when I get mine, should be cool!

oh man a havasu monsoon would be awesome too! Havent had a good one this year but its still a little early.
    The reason I used that music was it fit the mood, and it was like the second one on the list. I added it in Youtube.
    I use Cyberlink Power Director, and Sony Vegas, for video editing, and Photoshop CS4 for pictures.

That time lapsed was just something I threw together. It took me a litte more than 20 minutes from start to finish, to make it.

The battery is only good for about 3:17 minutes, and that's taking pictures. Not sure on video, but I think it will be shorter. I did one for 14 hours, with it plugged into an A/C outlet(I have the adapter), but, you can't use any of the mounts. So, I just used a big rubber band attached it to my tripod, and left it outside overnight.
    You can't see anything at night, so I cut out most of the night time pictures, and just blended it with Sony Vegas.
    And, I used the exact same music on this one too

The reason these aren't HD is that doing it in an HD format, really didn't improve the quality. It just increased the size of the files. I think I ended up using 720X480, and called it good. Also, when the camera is in the case, this is a bit more distortion, and the pictures aren't as clear.
    Something else to remember is that the lens is fixed focusing, at 2 feet, and for pictures, show 178 degree's. You can sort of correct the distortion in Photoshop, but some remains, as it's a very complex distortion to remove, and I really don't have the time or patience to mess with it.

Edit: changed video's
    Last edited by iflyems; 09-07-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Thread Information