gp1200r to 1300r questions

Hey guys I am in the process of putting a 1300r motor with injection in my 01 gp1200r hull. I have run into a few issues and was hoping to get some questions answered.

1. When routing my fuel lines, I cant find any info in the manual. Can I keep my on, off, res, valve since my fuel injection set up is high pressure? How do I route the lines? What is the stock 1300r routing?

2.If running with no intake silencer case, where Can I mount the intake air temp sensor? Can I just zip tie it in the area?

3. I an going to use premix now so how do I fool the oil tank sensor to avoid the warning?

Now some I am almost embarrassed to ask.

4. Where and how should I mount the ECU and the rollover sensor.

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

In response to question 3: You can pull the oil level sensor out of the top of the oil tank and zip tie up the floats. This will fool the sensor into thinking the oil tank is always full and you won't get any warning lights or buzzers. If you need more info regarding this i'll refer you to cajundude's site, he's got some great pics detailing the switch to premix.
    http://www.cajundude.com/oilblockoff.htm

cool thanks uscme. That seems pretty simple and straight forward. thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beanutputter View Post
    Hey guys I am in the process of putting a 1300r motor with injection in my 01 gp1200r hull. I have run into a few issues and was hoping to get some questions answered.

1. When routing my fuel lines, I cant find any info in the manual. Can I keep my on, off, res, valve since my fuel injection set up is high pressure? How do I route the lines? What is the stock 1300r routing? No, fuel line goes from tank/pump to fuel rail, no selector valve

2.If running with no intake silencer case, where Can I mount the intake air temp sensor? Can I just zip tie it in the area?, what year is the electronics? later year efi skis don`t have the sensor.

3. I an going to use premix now so how do I fool the oil tank sensor to avoid the warning? use spacers to keep the floats up or zip ties

4. Where and how should I mount the ECU and the rollover sensor. The factory placement of the ecu and rollover/tip sensor are up front under the hood hinge area.

you need to get the 2005 supplement shop manual, there is specific info in it...
    search the forum, or project section for pictures, or simply ask for a photo, they are prolly out here... good luck with your build...

+1
    Andy nailed most of these but I will elaborate a bit...

1. When routing my fuel lines, I cant find any info in the manual. Can I keep my on, off, res, valve since my fuel injection set up is high pressure? How do I route the lines? What is the stock 1300r routing? fuel line goes from pump straight to throttle body inlet, be sure to hook up the vent

2.If running with no intake silencer case, where Can I mount the intake air temp sensor? Can I just zip tie it in the area? [B] if equipped 03 had ambient air sensor... you can mount that to the fuel rail on the TBs, the baro sensor on all models will mount in the old fuel filter bracket[/B]
    3. I an going to use premix now so how do I fool the oil tank sensor to avoid the warning? tie strap floats up

4. Where and how should I mount the ECU and the rollover sensor. front of ski above the fuel tank

thanks Andy. The setup is 2003. So for the fuel set up there is no way to shut the fuel off? Where is the filter? What is used to mount the ecu? double back tape, screws?

This is my temp sensor now. I just have it zip tied up
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0731001704a.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	207703
    And what sensor is this and where does it go?

Name:	0731001703.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	207704

+1
    thanks Andy. The setup is 2003. So for the fuel set up there is no way to shut the fuel off? no Where is the filter? doesnt have one What is used to mount the ecu? double back tape, screws? drill the inner liner and use stainless screwsThis is my temp sensor now. I just have it zip tied up zip tie it to the fuel rail or near the air opening

And what sensor is this and where does it go? baro sensor goes where the fuel filter used to Click image for larger version. 

thanks Andy. The setup is 2003. So for the fuel set up there is no way to shut the fuel off? Where is the filter? What is used to mount the ecu? double back tape, screws?

This is my temp sensor now. I just have it zip tied up

And what sensor is this and where does it go?

there are threaded inserts/rivnuts used for mounting the items...
    the filter is the "sock" type on the fuel pump body in the tank.
    that is the baro sensor and goes up under by the steering...

here`s a few pics, don`t know if they`ll help ya or not...

Look at my thread. Did the same deal with an XLT all the same stuff. I zip tied the airbox sensor near the TB's. No fuel shut off or filter on these.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ion&highlight=

One more quick question. Do I have to swap to a 1300r gauge cluster?

Thread Information