Thread: Speed Tie

Speed Tie

Anyone have these? Looking for reviews and how well they work. Might put one on my 2010 ski.

I'd really like just one by my steering, but not for the price they are asking. I was talking to my dealer, and he said that one of his customers was towing a boat with his rear one...and it broke....(no s#!T)...and then it got sucked up into his impeller. I read somewhere they are meant for docking only in light to no wind. This would be great for me when I take it off the trailer, and tie it to a dock. For now I am using my rear trailer strap, and attach it to the front hook and tie it off. From the pics and video I have seen of them, they aren't much more than a cheap retractible piece of line. Haven't seen one up close.

My selling dealer said don't bother but I thought they would be great.

I installed them and just used them this past weekend for the first time.

I think they are fantastic!!! They work great for tying off to the dock. I don't know what it would take to break them but I would imaging allot!

My dock is in an area where there is no current or wake and I use them to tie up the boat overnight with no issues. The cover even has zipper opening so the speed tie can work with the cover on.

I highly recommend them for the convenience factor!

Found them on sale for $160.

They are awesome. Had them added by the dealer to my rxt is. They are fast and simple. I laugh when I see people open up their bow storage, pull out a huge yellow rope, and loop it around the handle bars. I use them when at the ramp and a few times at lunch. Fast simple and effective.

Worth every penny! Love it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    They are awesome. Had them added by the dealer to my rxt is. They are fast and simple. I laugh when I see people open up their bow storage, pull out a huge yellow rope, and loop it around the handle bars. I use them when at the ramp and a few times at lunch. Fast simple and effective.
    Real dock line (thats black and matches the ski) with a brass hook that fits the side hooks, rear ski eye or bow eye and has been on 3 skies and probably cost $15 when new.

$160 for Doo's fancy gizmo's. For that (about 50 gallons of gas), I'll take the 2 minutes it takes to get my line out of the front

Thanks for the feedback guys. As for the price, convenience is always expensive, no matter what you're buying. On at $13K ski, $160 isn't that expensive and it will save a lot of time.

Where did you find them for 160?

thx

Local dealer but just search the Internet or eBay for good deals.

Quote Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
    Real dock line (thats black and matches the ski) with a brass hook that fits the side hooks, rear ski eye or bow eye and has been on 3 skies and probably cost $15 when new.

$160 for Doo's fancy gizmo's. For that (about 50 gallons of gas), I'll take the 2 minutes it takes to get my line out of the front
    Mine doesn't have any side hooks. Opening the front storage is a pain. You have to be on the ski to pop both sides, then pop boths sides of the water proof locker. The lines are super simple to use and they work great. Most guys here just seem to let their ski's bob at the end of the concrete ramp while they park their truck, so maybe I'm the crazy one for using the docks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Mine doesn't have any side hooks. Opening the front storage is a pain. You have to be on the ski to pop both sides, then pop boths sides of the water proof locker. The lines are super simple to use and they work great. Most guys here just seem to let their ski's bob at the end of the concrete ramp while they park their truck, so maybe I'm the crazy one for using the docks.
    No side hooks? under the handlebars?

my front storage on the RXT-X is the sealed one, and kinda a pain, but not a really big deal. It was easier on my 07 RXT with no sealed lid.

Yea, I've seen the idiots on the concrete. mine get tied to the dock cleats. I'm not ready to watch a grovved ramp trash the bottom of the ski.

Thread Information