Questions on which ski to buy...please help!!

Hello, I am new to the site and this is my first post!!

I never owned a ski and think it's time...I would like to buy 2, one for me and one for my wife, looking for 3 seaters so that we can bring the kids. I race motorcycles so want something that won't bore me within 2 hours, but something that I can ride all day long without any problems. My wife never been on one until this past April when we went to a Sea-Doo demo ride and both tried the new 2010 GTX 155 with the "I Control" system. We both really liked it, but would have to spend approx. 25K for 2 and a trailer!! I have looked at a few on E-Bay, found two 2005 RXT 215 supercharged with trailer for 13.9K, but am hesitant due to the supercharger failures I have been reading about on the net. What would you guys suggest for my wife and I??

I appreciate all input and suggestions...thanks!!

Lake Norman,NC
    Where would you be riding? Lake,ocean,river? I know you mentioned you have kids ,but ride a bike. What about a 2 seater and a 3 seater? Its the end of the season and I'm sure you could find a great deal on a pair of skis. Hell I picked up a single galvanized trailer for $690. I love speed and wanted something that I could go all day on and picked up a 2010 rxpx255 and I can't complain one bit. Its good for me and my 7 yr old nephew lovesssss it! Maybe take a look at a 2008rxpx255 for yourself and a 3 seater for the fam so you can pull tubes and etc.... good luck

Thanks for the reply. I would be using the ski's up North (Canada) during the summer months and down in St. Petersburg Florida during the winter months!!

Lake Norman,NC
    If I were you, I would check into a 2 and a 3 seater. Switch it up a little and have one of each. Next summer I plan to add a 3 seater to my collection. Nothing is wrong w/ having one of get the best of both worlds. Id pick up a 2008rxpx and a gtx if I were you. Everyone will have their own opinion,but it all comes down to what you prefer.

Thread Information